Dieting and Indigestion/Gallbladder issues

Options
2»

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    ahh...I used to feel your pain. I had the worst gallbladder issues during pregnancy. I just got mine out in February...I had 2 days in a row full of attacks, thats when I got my butt to the ER and finally got the ball rolling..

I feel fabo now:):flowerforyou: hope youf eel better!
  • bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    ahh...I used to feel your pain. I had the worst gallbladder issues during pregnancy. I just got mine out in February...I had 2 days in a row full of attacks, thats when I got my butt to the ER and finally got the ball rolling..

I feel fabo now:):flowerforyou: hope youf eel better!

Thanks. Right now, I feel like crap. All I had for lunch was a small bag of sun chips out of the vending machine. My stomach is still hurting really bad. It hasn't eased up a bit.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your gallbladder to me. I had an ultrasound but I didn't have gallstones. I had to have another test where they tested to see how much my gallbladder was functioning, turns out it wasn't functioning right and that was causing the pain, I had surgery to have mine out May 2004 and I have been fine ever since.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I'm too lazy to read everything so I apologize if this has already been said. When I was diagnosed with a sick gallbladder and was waiting for surgery to get it done they told me to stay away from leafy green vegetables in addition to fatty, greasy foods as this can also upset the gallbladder. Keep a more detailed journal of what you eat, what time you eat it and what time you get pains for about a week and take it to your Dr. Hope you feel better!!! :flowerforyou:
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this may help but a co-worker of mine had some of the same issues and went to her doctor and it ended up being her gallbladder. Once she went to see a surgeon he told her that her weight loss was the cause of her gallbladder going crazy.
  • roxygirl
    roxygirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had what felt like someone standing on my chest about 14 yrs ago and I took all kinds of aniacids ended up being stones. Nothing I did made the pain go away. But Im the better that my gal bladder is out. Now granted I can only eat certain things otherwise..im in the bathroom for a good long time wishing id just stuck to something better. Since eating clean and healthy I have very little upset stomach since I had my gall bladder taken out. It does change your life. Makes you more aware of what your body likes and doesnt like.

I currently take acidophlous which aids in digestion health. I got in wafers from GNC. Very tasty and I take it twice a day. Might look into it as its a nice addition to your daily suppliements.

Cheers
    Dawn:smile:
  • bh34
    Options
    Sounds like your gallbladder to me. I had an ultrasound but I didn't have gallstones. I had to have another test where they tested to see how much my gallbladder was functioning, turns out it wasn't functioning right and that was causing the pain, I had surgery to have mine out May 2004 and I have been fine ever since.

That sounds like me. I had an ultrasound and they couldn't find anything wrong with it or my pancreas. Thank God. But when you continue to hurt, you wonder what's wrong with you. Sometimes I wonder if it's all in my head. Maybe it's NOT functioning properly and that's what's causing the pain. I don't want to have surgery, but if it IS my gallbladder and would make me feel better, I would be willing to go through with it.

Thanks to everyone for all of your comments and advice. I will take them all into consideration.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I had gallbladder issues during my first pregnancy they got worse right after i had my baby. I hurt all the time and then it would go away. I went to the Dr. a few times and they couldn't find anything wrong with me. My eyes were yellow and my urine was a dark brown. Finally, they figured out I had gallstones and set my surgery date. A few days later I had a bad attack and I could not take the pain anymore. I could not keep anything down including my pain pills. I went to the ER and was admitted. I stone left the gallbladder and was stuck in my pancreas. My "who knows what" levels were really high and had to wait a whole week in the hospital for them to go down. I sat there with pain and NOTHING to eat or drink.. .not even ice chips. Anything that would go in me would cause my system to start working so my levels would take longer to go back down (safe enough for surgery) FINALLY they got them down (not as much as they wanted) so they went ahead with the surgery. I felt SO MUCH BETTER immediately after surgery. I highly suggest you go to the ER and get checked out... if they say it's nothing get another opinion. It's no fun, but you will fell a lot better once you get treated/surgery.

Hope you get to the bottom of this and feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I had my first child 25 years ago and ever since then I have had acid reflux and this terrible pain, it feel like someone is squeezing the life out of me right around my rib cage. This comes and goes and it's usually like labor pains, it last for about 5-10 mins and goes away but comes back 3 or 4 times or all day long. No one could ever figure out what was wrong with me because by the time I would get to a doctor the paid would be gone. I had my gallbladder removed about 10 years ago but stil have that awful pain. I finaly found a doctor that told me it was my intestines contracting and he prescribed a pain killer that I just put under my tongue when I feel the pain coming on. Works great!!!!
    Is this the kind of pain you are feeling? When it gets bad for me I have to stand straight up, can't sit or lie down, sometimes if it hits while I'm driving I have to pull over it gets that bad. If they don't find anything else wrong with you, you might ask about this.
    Hope you feel better soon

Memaw
  • bh34
    Options
    I had my first child 25 years ago and ever since then I have had acid reflux and this terrible pain, it feel like someone is squeezing the life out of me right around my rib cage. This comes and goes and it's usually like labor pains, it last for about 5-10 mins and goes away but comes back 3 or 4 times or all day long. No one could ever figure out what was wrong with me because by the time I would get to a doctor the paid would be gone. I had my gallbladder removed about 10 years ago but stil have that awful pain. I finaly found a doctor that told me it was my intestines contracting and he prescribed a pain killer that I just put under my tongue when I feel the pain coming on. Works great!!!!
    Is this the kind of pain you are feeling? When it gets bad for me I have to stand straight up, can't sit or lie down, sometimes if it hits while I'm driving I have to pull over it gets that bad. If they don't find anything else wrong with you, you might ask about this.
    Hope you feel better soon

Memaw

Sorry to hear about your pain Memaw.

The pain I have is a dull aching pain right under my breastbone in the middle of my rib cage. I'm feeling better today, but those kind of days come and go. That's why I wonder if it's gall bladder "attacks." My pain is not really a squeezing pain. It feels raw in there.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I would say go check it out then. If you are taking prescriptions for acid reflux but still having it, something is not right. Ask them to test you for Bart's Esophogus. It's a condition that happens from too much acid in the esophogus and can lead to cancer. Better have it checked now, especially if your gallbladder is fine.

Memaw
  • raechellfretz
    Options
    I had the same pain you are discribing, turns out it was my gallbladder. I was told that because i had lost alot of weight in a short period, it caused my gallstones. Also, if there are no stones in your gallbladder, they could be in your bile duct, which causes alot of pain, sometimes for days.
    I had an attack for close to 5 days straight, thank god i got it out a week later.
    If its painful and causing disturbances in everyday life, whether its your gallbladder or not, i would go and get it looked at.
    Good luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!