Heels

Options

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've just started to wear heels again after a LONG time....10 years or so....I like Earth Spirit-around $30 at Walmart. The ones I bought are about 2" and have a strap across the top of my foot (for added security!). :smile:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sofft, Born, Fluevog all make great heels, with great support -- with varying size of heels, so you can work your way up to the higher heels.
    6pm.com is a good place to find discounted heels.

Also, nothing wrong with wearing boots instead.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    my SO loves heels, I love her in them :love:
  • sixela0827
    Options
    IRON FIST , and T.U.K.
    i own WAY to many pairs. i have to wear at least 5 inch platforms to go out with my amazonian friends...im only 5'1.
    practice and confidence, and a perfect fit.

oh shoes..you are the love of my life....
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    start off with some comfy heels and work your way up to the dramatic heels. heels make everyone's body look better, i think.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I look like an idiot walking in heels, too. So, when I bought a pair to go with my cocktail dress, the shoe lady recommend wedges. Perfect! Love them.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    oh and in my opinion aldo has the most comfy dramatic heels and nine west has the best work heels.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Ladies just so you know, you don't have to actually walk in them fo the guys to enjoy them. :bigsmile:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I feel so bad for girls who can't walk in heels. So bad it makes me laugh when I see them walking around.

Just practice, practice at home. I couldn't walk in them either when I was younger but my mom always wore them, so I'd practice.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I honestly look like an idiot trying to walk in them. Do you just get used to it eventually? Where do you get yours? What's your favorite styles?

Things to remember when buying heels (from my doctor and life experience):

1. Wider heels are better, not skinny pencil heels.
    2. super skinny pointy toes are bad for your feet.
    3. Ease your way into the height. If you want height without the pressure in your tendons, consider platforms.

I'm serious about number 2. My mom has violated it for years and has suffered through numerous foot surgeries as a result.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I always wear heels and the higher the better. You do get used to them. Honestly, you have to practice. I especially had to practice walking up and down stairs. I get my heels from all over so there isn't any particular place I can recommend. Enjoy wearing them. They make your legs look like they go on forever. ;)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    My favorite Heels. :heart:
    41t2bpcess5l.jpg[/URL]
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ITA with previous posters, start small and work up. You'll be in six inchers in no time ;) I buy a lot on ebay, but when you first start dabbling in stillettos and such, go to a store and try them on. That way you're sure everything is right.
    Heels rock!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yes, you get used to it. I like mine sky high, my style is anything tall and cute.

the last pair I bought were 6.5" Steve Madden gold glitter mary jane pumps from TJ Maxx
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am most comfortable in heels above any other shoe, Pretty much any style
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I wear heels at work. Not normally more than 2-3 inches--anything more than that I found to be inappropriate.

I have to wear those sticky-gel things in the heel because I have a narrow foot. They're painful because of that, but you get used to walking in them--it's just a different gait.

I used to try to wear nice shoes when I started dating my boyfriend, but he was always mad at me :P. Every since then 99% of off-time is athletic shoes.

I love DSW or Marshalls.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who says I look like a duck when walking in my 5 inchers. It's true. Those suckers hurt after a while so I prefer mine to be about 4 inches.
    Stilettos scare the hell out of me so I usually stay away from the really thin ones.

Other than that, I love heels!!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I can't wear heels. They don't like me. I wasted my money on them. I trip inside the house and outside. They hurt after awhile and I end up putting band-aid's on. My sister and my female cousin's can but not me.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    A good platform wedge is the best find for someone that doesn't know how to walk in heels but wants the added height.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've only been wearing heels for a few years and like you it was hard to get used to at first. I started small and worked my way up. Wedges are great but my favorite is probably 5 in platforms boot style, they are almost as comfortable to me as sneakers. Added benefits include great workout for the legs and rear and they make your legs look longer, always a bonus when you're short and surrounded by tall guys.