Heels

Options

Replies

• BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Im so rubbish at walking in heels. Now Im trying wedges and it seems to be a more successful venture at the minute. Well until the start to hurt and I have to take them off! :laugh: xx
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    A bit of a platform or a wedge can make it easier on a High Heel Newbie... check out www.zappos.com
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My favorite Heels. :heart:
    41t2bpcess5l.jpg[/URL]

OMG they are beautiful!! However there is no way in the world I could walk in them. They are lovely though x
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Love heels..I wear them everyday. Shoedazzle.com is where I buy most of mine but if I walk by a store and get reeled in by a pretty pair what am I to do?

I think I have always worn heels and don't remember learning to walk in them but get a kick out of watching my friend who never wears them trip all over the place when she tries. :laugh:

Do you find they're of decent quality? I've thought about getting a pair or two but I wasn't sure about them.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I have gotten the two pairs I have in different places not particular place:laugh: However I Mine are high and what I have done is practice a few times wearing them around the house for a little while before the event is here **husband does not mind** Oh and liquor helps once you start getting tired of them:tongue:
  • acdchick
    acdchick Posts: 13
    Options
    Life is too short to be fat or wear sensible shoes!

It has nothing to do with the brand or price. It is all about the attitude. I get asked "are those at all comfortable?" all the time. I simply answer... comfort is not the issue if you strap heels on. =)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    YUP the type of heel I likes!
    41t2bpcess5l.jpg[/URL]

OMG they are beautiful!! However there is no way in the world I could walk in them. They are lovely though x
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've worn HIGH heels for 20+ years- LOVE them! (Geez, I'm showing my age!)

Start out wearing them around your house- cleaning or just watching tv, a few hours at a time.

Better to wobble at home than at the restaurant/club. Then when you are comfortable you can wear them out :)
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    I never could get the hang of it, so I just gave up! lol

:laugh:
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I never could get the hang of it, so I just gave up! lol

haha nice(;
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I buy the more expensive heels because they dont wear down as much and are so much more easy on your feet.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I love heels but after years of wearing them daily when I was younger, my feet are in bad shape now so I can only wear them every so often. I usually save them for special occasions. Wedges are definately easier to walk in if you are not use to a skinny heal
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    as others said practice
    & start with wedges they are much easier

thirdly, when you step down don't do a light delicate step down (i see lots of girls do this quick light step thing and it makes their heel slip sideways and they wobble), step down hard on your heel first and roll the rest of your foot down

(stepping down on the heel first instead of a straight step down gives you control over the heel)
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wear heels 'ery single day!! minimum 3"... not all day but for sure every day! :glasses:
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Look up. Focus on something straight ahead. Walk tall. Lead with hips and boobs. Don't look down!

Edinburgh has cobbled streets and lots of pubs.....but heels rock!

Actually I would like to point out I now live on a farm with very few opportunities to go out and wear heels, but I do remember....Sexy sexy ...nostalgic?

Have fun! Oh and if you fall you need some mates to pull you back up! Haha
  • Planted2268
    Planted2268 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have not worn high heels in a while, and went to more of a lower heel. Now my mother and sisters they can wear some heels!!! I don't see how they walk around so graceful in them. After an hour, I would need to pull them off. They do look great. Maybe I might gradually add on an inch as I drop weight.
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ps I remember a friends saying how gorgeous her shoes were..... Then saying that she couldn't walk up stairs or dance! Make sure they are comfy!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    if you're just starting out wearing heels, i recommend you find a pair you think is remotely comfortable, from payless! get used to them that way.

that's what i did. i wasn't about to waste a lot of money either breaking the shoes or my neck ;-)

good luck!!!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I wear them sometimes. I don't like to wear them for too long. Especially if I need to walk. :)

The comfiest ones I have found are lower nine west ones. And the high end Kenneth Cole ones (not Reaction, these are hit or miss). They have so much padding, they are super comfy.

Also, if you are wearing a thinner heel, balance is really critical. In fact, before you put it on, place it on a flat surface and press into the heel, does it feel stable and balanced? If it does the odds are good it will be balanced for you. If it is wpbbly with your hand...you'll be wobbling too.

It does get easier with practice. Start with kitten heels and work your way up. :)
  • Planted2268
    Planted2268 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    41t2bpcess5l.jpg[/URL]

Sharp!