Favorite Movies?

Replies

• tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    OH OH! I forgot to put Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

Good times.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I :heart: Falling Down.

I felt so sorry for him. because up until he went over the edge, I was with him 100%.

"I'm the bad guy?!" LOL awesome.

Rescue Dawn..... I think I may have missed that, gotta put it on the Netflix
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    OH Clint Eastwood....

Unforgiven
    and
    Gran Torino ( this was SOOOOO good and it got virtually NO attention)
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    I :heart: Falling Down.

I felt so sorry for him. because up until he went over the edge, I was with him 100%.

"I'm the bad guy?!" LOL awesome.

Rescue Dawn..... I think I may have missed that, gotta put it on the Netflix

I love it when he walks into the Surplus Store run by the Neo-Nazi store owner...

"No!!! I'm an American...your a sick a--hole"

Rescue Dawn is a true story about Deiter Dengler (christian bale) shot down during the Vietnam War and was put into a prison camp where he eventually escaped. EXCELLENT MOVIE!!! Kinda depressing, but equally as good.

Gran Torino was great. Not surprised it got snubbed by Hollywood and the Awards for being politically incorrect. Whatever, great story and moral. My wife is Japanese-born and she LOVED IT! People get way to sensitive about the racial stuff.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I'm kind of weird....I like chick flicks but I am also into "guy" type movies!! :glasses:

My fav movies are:

Aliens
    Star Wars
    Empire Strikes Back
    Kelly's Heroes (70's war movie with Clint Eastwood)
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    The Sound of Music
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Stand By Me

Kelly's Heroes, great movie. I love the old WWII flicks; Patton, Dirty Dozen, Battle of the Bulge, The Big Red One. They don't make them like that anymore.
    Very true. I was raised around those movies since I come from a military family! And my grandfather fought in the REAL Battle of the Bulge! :wink:

Like I said, I'm kind of weird for a "girl" :laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    I also like The Natural and Field of Dreams.
  • xsargex
    I'm kind of weird....I like chick flicks but I am also into "guy" type movies!! :glasses:

My fav movies are:

Aliens
    Star Wars
    Empire Strikes Back
    Kelly's Heroes (70's war movie with Clint Eastwood)
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    The Sound of Music
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Stand By Me

Kelly's Heroes, great movie. I love the old WWII flicks; Patton, Dirty Dozen, Battle of the Bulge, The Big Red One. They don't make them like that anymore.
    Very true. I was raised around those movies since I come from a military family! And my grandfather fought in the REAL Battle of the Bulge! :wink:

Like I said, I'm kind of weird for a "girl" :laugh: :laugh:

That'd make me a weird kinda of guy. Not really.

Man thats amazing. Your grandfather is my hero. What unit was he with? Just outta curiousity. Is he still alive? If so, did he have the heart to watch Band of Brothers?
  • TamTastic
    Unfortunately he passed when I was a senior in high school. I don't know all the details of his unit. I should talk to my grandmother. Both my grandfathers were Lt. Col's in the Army. One was older and was in WW2 and one was in Vietnam. My dad and some uncles were also in Vietnam. Dad in Navy and uncle was a Sgt in Army.

All that were in Vietnam are still around!! :happy:
  • xsargex
    Unfortunately he passed when I was a senior in high school. I don't know all the details of his unit. I should talk to my grandmother. Both my grandfathers were Lt. Col's in the Army. One was older and was in WW2 and one was in Vietnam. My dad and some uncles were also in Vietnam. Dad in Navy and uncle was a Sgt in Army.

Thats a bummer. Does your grandma still have his keepsakes from his military service?

My grandfather (mom's father) died when I was real young. He served in the Navy as a deckgun operator. He died when I was real young, so never was mature enough to ask or understand his experiences. Then I found his ship log and he saw so much action in the Pacific. Made me real proud to know what he went through, but kinda bummer I never got to hear his stories. My grandma always tells me that he would have been so proud that myself and my cousin (only two boys on that side) served in the military. Freaking chokes me up just thinking about it, haha.
  • TamTastic

Thats a bummer. Does your grandma still have his keepsakes from his military service?

My grandfather (mom's father) died when I was real young. He served in the Navy as a deckgun operator. He died when I was real young, so never was mature enough to ask or understand his experiences. Then I found his ship log and he saw so much action in the Pacific. Made me real proud to know what he went through, but kinda bummer I never got to hear his stories. My grandma always tells me that he would have been so proud that myself and my cousin (only two boys on that side) served in the military. Freaking chokes me up just thinking about it, haha.
    Yes, she still has everything. I am from Oregon and grew up visiting them in Washington State and he still worked at Fort Lewis and would bring the c-rations home for the grand kids to use for camping or whatever!! haha!! I loved it!!

I never heard a lot of stories from the grandfather that fought in WW2. I know the hearing aid he wore was due to a grenade going off close to his head though.

The one who fought in Vietnam still tells us stories!! He had a lot of them too!!I believe there was a wanted poster out on him over there!!! :laugh:
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    GAH! I just remembered these...

Mallrats
    Clerks
    Chasing Amy
    Saving Private Ryan ( me and my husband HAVE to watch it when it comes on even though we own the movie. )
    Black Hawk Down (same thing.. we HAVE to watch it)
    The Band of Brothers series.. OMG... those were the BEST!
    Letters from Iwo Jima
    Gran Torino
    Forest Gump
    Smoking Aces
    and BRAVEHEART!!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    I have heard so many good things about Grand Torino but I have not seen it yet. Can someone tell me what it's about (without giving too much away) so I can decide if I want to see it or not. I love Clint Eastwood.

Memaw
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Just remembered some more lol

Diary of a Mad Black Woman
    Madea goes to Jail (hilarious!)
    Get Smart
    40 Yr Old Virgin
    Superbad
    Shutter
    The Cell
  • xsargex
    I have heard so many good things about Grand Torino but I have not seen it yet. Can someone tell me what it's about (without giving too much away) so I can decide if I want to see it or not. I love Clint Eastwood.

Memaw

Clint Eastwood plays a Korean War vet who's wife passes away. He's left with his house in an old neighborhood that has become run down and a haven for Vietnamese immigrants. The neighbor boy has a problem with some thugs and Eastwood teaches him to be a man. Its a good one.

You know a good movie, when you own it and you still HAVE to watch it when it comes on tv, hahaha, thats hilarious.
  • sinisme

Memaw

"Walt Kowalski is a widower who holds onto his prejudices despite the changes in his Michigan neighborhood and the world around him. Kowalski is a grumpy, tough-minded, unhappy an old man, who can't get along with either his kids or his neighbors, a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1972 Gran Torino he keeps in mint condition."

It's a REALLY good movie.. if you don't mind all the racial slurs he uses...
  • memaw66
    Thanks.
    I think it comes out on video on June 6 so I will get it then.
    I think anything with Clint will "go ahead, and make my day" ha hahahahah

Memaw
  • TamTastic
    I liked Gran Torino a lot too!!
  • sinisme
    Thanks.

Memaw

Bahahahaahah!!!! :laugh:

that was a good one!
  • memaw66
    Thanks.

Memaw

Bahahahaahah!!!! :laugh:

that was a good one!
    Cheesy but good, I have to admit!!!
  • xsargex

Memaw

"Walt Kowalski is a widower who holds onto his prejudices despite the changes in his Michigan neighborhood and the world around him. Kowalski is a grumpy, tough-minded, unhappy an old man, who can't get along with either his kids or his neighbors, a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1972 Gran Torino he keeps in mint condition."

It's a REALLY good movie.. if you don't mind all the racial slurs he uses...

one of my friends father's was an Admiral in the Navy... he's still alive and served in WWII. He's old enough to be my friends grandfather. Which is weird to think. He still uses the word "jap" when he tells his stories. Which I guess isn't all that funny, but he doesn't know any better. My wife is Japanese and he loves her to death, so you know, whatever. Its just a word. Reminds me of that movie though.
This discussion has been closed.