eating 1200

Options
123457»

Replies

• freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is literally something else, people. If you want to say you can eat too few calories to see progress in the gym, just say that.

Starvation mode is what happens to your body when you are literally dying. Eating 1300 calories and then working out? Nope, not dying.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few stories on the Success Stories board where members did this. They looked pretty healthy to me.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Starving yourself works (which is what 1200 calories is to someone who's my height). But eating at your TDEE also works. I've lost 27 pounds and weigh 123 pounds (I'm 5'7). Woopie! * celebrate* *eats more then 1200 cals worth of food*

It depends entirely on what you eat. 1200 calories per day is not starving yourself if what you eat is good food.

:noway: I eat an average of 1800-2200 cal a day, depending on exercise, of "good food". Why do you and others think people who are eating more aren't eating "good food"? This makes no sense. I'm not eating 1200 cal of "good food" each day and 600 cal of McDonalds. Get real, here.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Starving yourself works (which is what 1200 calories is to someone who's my height). But eating at your TDEE also works. I've lost 27 pounds and weigh 123 pounds (I'm 5'7). Woopie! * celebrate* *eats more then 1200 cals worth of food*

It depends entirely on what you eat. 1200 calories per day is not starving yourself if what you eat is good food.

:noway: I eat an average of 1800-2200 cal a day, depending on exercise, of "good food". Why do you and others think people who are eating more aren't eating "good food"? This makes no sense. I'm not eating 1200 cal of "good food" each day and 600 cal of McDonalds. Get real, here.

^This would have been my reply :P I understand your thought process...I use to think that when I wasn't eating enough. Then I just got use to eating more and now I get my money's worth at the red pepper. 2 Plates full of vegetables and meat sauteed with ginger garlic and hot peppers please!

Eating below the amount of food you need in a coma isn't enough food no matter what angle you look at it :huh: And why bother when you can eat more then that and still loose weight? You people boggle me.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is 1850ish. Since TDEE takes into account your planned exercise, I do not eat back exercise calories.

If I lose 1 pound a week, that's 1350. If I want to lose 2, 850.

As such, I do not think 1200 is unreasonable or boggling in any way. Maybe for someone with a much higher TDEE, I suppose?