"I just won the lottery!"

Options

Replies

• MorganStar123
    Options
    I'd buy a house
    and furniture for the house
    and a build a tree fort in the yard
    AND EAT LOTS AND LOTS OF KRAFT DINNER!!!

I wish there was a 'like' button for mfp! Props to anybody who knows where this came from :) Awesome song!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Invest the great majority of it, but then pay off all the debt for each of my family members, buy both my dad & his wife and my mother-in-law RVs, and spend an absurd amount of money on the most deluxe family reunion.. flying everyone out, 5 star resort, etc.

Oh, and take like 4 months to go backpacking all through Europe with the hubs.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a house

I'd also buy a green dress (but not a real green dress, that's cruel!).

Don't forget the monkey! I've always wanted a monkey!!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    1. Hire a personal trainer so I can kick the rest of this weight Hollywood style ;-)
    2. Build my daughter's school a playground.
    3. Donate to the rec center to redo the pool(it's 40 yrs old)
    4. Finish my house so I can live in it while....
    5. Buy land and build my dream house.
    6. Hire a nanny/nurse/therapist to help with my autistic son!

Then set up education accts for the kids, donate a bunch more, invest alot and my husband would probably buy some toys :-)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I would get a lawyer and call my financial advisor. I would put money into trust funds for my kids & younger sister. Pay off my house and rent it out. Purchase a house. No more than 2,000 sq feet. That is what I have now...can't handle much more. It will be in the same city but in a different area where no one knows me. Pay off my mother's house. Pay off my car. Buy hubby his truck. Give my job the "middle finger". Give my sister n laws, brother n law and mother n law a little change. Hook up our grammys also. And then bank the rest and live comfortably. The end.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    1. I would give at least a million to everyone I love, including some of my favorite Christian songwriters.
    2. I would never clean house again!
    3. I would look into starting a fun business that would employ lots of people, something that would benefit the community (or the country or the world??)
    4. I would travel.
    5. I would try really hard never to forget that having money doesn't make you better than anyone else!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'd do all that stuff, too. But, I'd also go to the store, and suprise people by buying their stuff for them. The mom at the grocery store with the 2 little babies, cart full. Yup, just pay for her stuff! Go to the gas station and pay for everyone. Same at a restaurant. And leave a monsterous tip :-D Oh, it'd be SO much fun!!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Just keep m'job, buy a new car from Carmax, purty much go about my bidness...
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a house

I'd also buy a green dress (but not a real green dress, that's cruel!).

I think I would have to hire the BNL to serenade me with this at one point. XD
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Don't forget the monkey! I've always wanted a monkey!!

Oh I want a monkey too! Add that to my list :-)
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A man rushes into his house and yells, "Honey, pack your bags!! I just won the lottery!"

The wife says, "Omigosh! That's great! What should I pack? Warm clothes? Summertime clothes? We are we going?"

The man answers, "I don't care where you go. Pack, and get the f*** out!!!"

Hahahahahahaa!!! Love this!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'd do all that stuff, too. But, I'd also go to the store, and suprise people by buying their stuff for them. The mom at the grocery store with the 2 little babies, cart full. Yup, just pay for her stuff! Go to the gas station and pay for everyone. Same at a restaurant. And leave a monsterous tip :-D Oh, it'd be SO much fun!!

You're awesome.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My partner and i discuss this all the time :) We'd pay off the house and hire ppl to finish the renovation on it. Buy a nice little townhouse or apartment in our favourite major city. Pay off mortgages for our families and ensure they're set up then invest as wisely as possible to ensure we're free to travel the world for the rest of our lives making a difference wherever we go! Just think of all the random ppl you could help if you had the money and time to devote to it!
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first lottery ticket too! I thought that a pound wouldn't go far to scraping together this month's rent, whereas winning the lottery would! It's a bit boring, but I would use it to get through uni right now. Student loans don't even cover accommodation and my job doesn't pay well :S
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    :noway: pshh yea right!! I'll be winning that! Thank you! We got 10 people at work that put in 5 dollars each so... I'm pretty sure i'll be the winner! Good try though! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh and when I win I will pay off court fees and buy myself a new car and help my family any way possible and then help others. :)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Quit college in this state, get married, restart college in the state where my fiance currently lives, get my degree and help HIM pay for school. If there's any left, I think I'd lock it up and let it build somewhere.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    It was too funny at work today...everyone was saying "If I'm not here Monday, don't worry its good news!"
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Lotteries are a tax for people bad at math....

and having said that, I do buy a ticket once in a blue moon.

First, I'd stop in at my buddy's Chevy dealership and order 7 new Corvette ZR-1's, all different colours for each day of the week.

Then, I'd hit the bank and pay off my mortgage.

I wouldn't quit my job. I just would stop showing up. Let them fire me.

If it was the big one, and I had gobs of cash left, I'd set up a charity trust and run that for the rest of my life, while enjoying life without the worry of bills - or the price of gas!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    A man rushes into his house and yells, "Honey, pack your bags!! I just won the lottery!"

The wife says, "Omigosh! That's great! What should I pack? Warm clothes? Summertime clothes? We are we going?"

The man answers, "I don't care where you go. Pack, and get the f*** out!!!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Put some away for the kids...
    Give my mom and siblings some...
    Pay all my bills....
    Buy more lotto tickets..
    Give some to my Sweetie
    Buy a small island and a nice boat....build a fabulous house

And order some Chinese....I'm starvin like Marvin!!!