Poll: Would you drive 1000 miles for a sure thing?

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yes.

To me, you can never be certain on something. That "sure thing" you will never be 100% sure on, but then, you'll never know if you don't take the chance.
    Saying that, I wouldn't drive 1000 miles for something unless I REALLY wanted it, and was pretty much certain it would be more than worth it.
  • KansasRain
    Options
    i flew to another country. im now happily married with a child and a new life. i would say if its a sure thing and your sure about your part in it all then drive drive drive. GOOD LUCK!

hmmm maybe i should add that if this is just a sexual sure thing then no don't waste the time and money and gas...you can find local sex im sure.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I drove 2000+ miles to move in with my guy. I've been living with him since 08, and we've been together since 07. Still doing fabulous. Bought a house together. Got new pets. Good stuff has happened.

Plus the trip was absolutely thrilling and terrifically beautiful and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Probably not, with a kid involved and all.... lots of risk involved. But then, I'm a girl, and safety would be a top priority. You being a guy are at least somewhat less likely to be being set up.

I know people who've done it, and been successful. I also know someone who pulled up roots, destroyed their family and crossed the country to meet "the ONE"... only to find out they'd completely been had.

Serves 'em right
  • jeannette120
    jeannette120 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I once drove 415 miles for three and a half hours of mindblowingly awe-tastic nookarific rutting and then turned around and drove 415 miles back home.

Dude. . how fast do you drive!!

I'm pretty sure he meant that he drove 415 miles so that he could spend 3.5 hours with someone and once those 3.5 hours were over he drove back. Not that he drove 415 miles in 3.5 hours.:flowerforyou:
  • Skinny4BG
    Skinny4BG Posts: 145
    Options
    Your damn right I would! My boyfriend lives 2506 miles away from me. He is flying here to see me in May and then we are going to discuss me and my daughter moving there! So yes, yes I would. Cause he is definitely worth it!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I once drove 415 miles for three and a half hours of mindblowingly awe-tastic nookarific rutting and then turned around and drove 415 miles back home.

6.5 hours of driving. 3.5 hours of rut-o-rama. 6.5 hrs of driving.

It was her birthday.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure he meant that he drove 415 miles so that he could spend 3.5 hours with someone and once those 3.5 hours were over he drove back. Not that he drove 415 miles in 3.5 hours.:flowerforyou:

Yes. This. Thank you, kind samaritan woman.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    for how long? for a day? to live there?
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

ooooohhhhh!. . duh! :tongue:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were long distance by about 200 miles, but gas was only about a buck a gallon then.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    If it was a sure thing, you wouldn't have to ask ;)

Really though... highly doubtful. Unless 1000 miles was halfway in between, in which case it would show that she's into it as much as you are.

Agreed!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If I was completely open, it was an open opportunity, HELL yeah. This weekend, obviously no, 'cause I have a weekend class and then work at 8am on Monday...
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    ummm, no way.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    I think you should go for it! You only live once! Be happy and think about how hot of a weekend/week/ however long you could stay would be once you got there! If you want this "hottie", I say go get 'em big boy!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I would serioulsy consider it......kinda depends on who. There are some who would be absolutely worth it! 1,000 though might be worth flying for.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Not a chance I have a V 10 which gets like 9.8 mpg LOL

edited to add that would only be 386 bucks in gas one way ......Still NO
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Nope. Find some hawt booty that's local. Save the gas money...
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    I drove 3000 miles for a sure thing.. it has a name and a body.. yupp... love...
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Of course! Wouldn't even have to think twice about it.