Poll: Would you drive 1000 miles for a sure thing?

Options

Replies

• mikedhatz
    mikedhatz Posts: 15
    Options
    Not even close. I'd drop one of the zeroes off of the end and MAYBE think about it.

But then again I'm kind of a woman when it comes to sex and stuff. To me there's a lot more to it than that. If I was driving 1000 miles to spend the weekend with someone and have it be more than just nookie, then sure. But only if I had a three-day weekend. If I'm driving a third of the way across the country it had better be REALLY worth it. Cuz that's $250 worth of gas, assuming your car averages 30 MPG.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    This world doesn't have sure things.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    If I were single~ I would make him drive to me!! It would definetely be worth his while....LOL (maybe,.. I'm older now)..:bigsmile:
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Im married to my 1000 mile away sure thing so yes.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Yup. Cuz why not?
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    No. He would have to drive the distance for me :)
  • menamurder
    Options
    Well I flew 1500 miles for a sure thing, but I miss my family.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    But I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
    To fall down at your door

My mind immediately went to this, too, haha!

That being said, I drove 400 miles for the best man I've ever loved....but not before he drove to me, first. =P
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    No way :) Although I do know men who would.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    just for booty? no. for a mini vacation and to get away. yes
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    nobody closer?
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Some people don't know how polls work. :noway:
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    OK, NO
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I flew to Germany for what was supposed to be 3 weeks of nookarific awesomeness (and...it..was...AWESOME); it turned into a six month visit, a sweet internship and a massively broken heart the day I got on a plane back to NJ. Knew it wasn't going to work but enjoyed the experience anyway, and remember even the broken heart with a huge smile five years later.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    nope
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I met hubby through a friend in the military. Had never met him, only talked online.
    He was in California I was in Iowa. We chatted all the time, especially on World of Warcraft.

I fell head over heels. At one point I packed up all that I owned into my car and drove all the way to Cali to be with him.

3 years later and we're married with 2 kids.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm providing advice from the wedding crashers but I watched this movie after what I thought was a sure-thing fell apart and realized there are no guarantees in life
    this quote stuck out:
    "We have no way of knowing what lays ahead for us in the future. All we can do is use the information at hand to make the best decision possible"

Maybe it will work out, maybe it won't. When it comes to a long distance relationship you don't have the luxury of casually dating and interacting face-to-face. You can talk on the phone and internet and see each other every once in a while but it is so different. There is a lot you need to talk about and sort out to figure out if you should jump in...because jumping in requires a big life change (a move for someone, or both, and so on). I think everyone should know what they will not compromise on, what they are flexible on and what does not matter when it comes to what they are looking for in someone and in a relationship. If you talk about these things with someone and you're looking for the same things then yes I would drive, fly, run, swim any number of miles for a good thing

if you're just looking for a lay... there has to be someone closer
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Do you like to drive? I once drove 1,500 miles to go to the beach without a 'sure thing'! I dated a guy in college who would drive over 200 miles one way to see me each weekend.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I will say this.. My fiance when we originally "met" thru a mutual friend lived in California. After 4 months of getting to know each other thru conversations, pics, texts etc he decided to fly down to fl to meet me. We only had a few days together but the were amazing. When he left I was still kinda confused as to what was going to happen because you just never know. I didn't know when we met we would be friends much less lovers to being in love for that matter just as I didn't know that 5 months after the first time we met face to face that he would make the decision to relocte to be with me. we have been together almost a year and a half now and we are planning to marry in December of this year.

Moral of the story? Sometimes you just got to take a chance on love.

However if it is just for the HOT factor and you want to get laid.. 1000 miles seems like a lot...
  • Mwood8
    Mwood8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Is this someone who you would regret NOT meeting up with? If it is, I'd say go! However, if it's just a hookup, there's got to be someone else closer. You only live once, have no regrets!