biggest loser really IS a loser

Options
this show has gone soooooo downhill, that I can't even wAtch the next season.......its bogus to me now....basically I compare it to every other lame reality scripted tv show....ugh .. talk about dazzle dazzle buull crrappppp.....very sad, because this show used to be legit.

Replies

• _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I hear you on that one.

it's a lot like this, they keep trying but it's not working out the way they want it to

didnt-see-that-one-coming.gif
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I agree, since when did become a cross between Big Brother and Dr. Phil?
  • vkindrick
    vkindrick Posts: 10
    Options
    I cannot watch it at all it make me mad.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I never did like that show. I always thought it exploited people who were over weight. We have enough criticism and bias without that.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I watch it from time to time, but I do have issues with the very public humiliation they subject their participants to. It's one thing to help someone learn to love the body they inhabit regardless of the state it's in, it's another thing altogether to force them to expose their darkest fears, their deepest shame and most personal failures in front of the whole world. Yes, they they have triumphs too, but at what cost? People in the obese weight ranges are often incredibly vulnerable and generally have other deep-seated issues that put them there. To have to work through all of that on national television is it's own form of evil, even if they sought it out.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I used to love the show. I have missed the last couple of seasons. I might just have to watch them on hulu just to see what has changed. what a shame that its going downhill
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Not sure which country everyone is in but I know there are versions of BL in lots of places. I liked the last season in the US, but this current one is not fun to watch, and I blame it on the producers. They focus on the drama queens, the petty fights, and the whining when there are (or were) some great personalities and stories that would have been way more interesting and motivating. There is nothing on the show this season to make people think they can do it, or want to be like, or to encourage anyone.

BL has done untold good to make it acceptable for the extremely overweight to go to a gym, work with a trainer, and shows people that with hard work, encouragement and dedication it is possible to lose the weight wthout surgery.

The drama can go!
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    As soon as Jillian left the show was done!

I think its not realistic and a bunch of drama.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

I miss Jillian!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I was always amazed at how many hours they spent working out. I'm in good shape & at an ideal weight and I don't think I could do all the activities they are made to do. Isn't that dangerous?
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    I tried watching it early on, when it was new, but never felt comfortable about it. I feel to this day that it's a dangerous approach to weight loss. And it's certainly an unrealistic approach. I've seen it a handful of times since while traveling and staying in motel rooms. No improvement that I could see.

We cancelled our tv service 2008 and have not regretted that move one bit.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I was always amazed at how many hours they spent working out. I'm in good shape & at an ideal weight and I don't think I could do all the activities they are made to do. Isn't that dangerous?

That's what I keep wondering. I'd love to get a peek at the waivers they have to sign.

The only weight loss show I ever watched and really enjoyed was Dance Your @$$ Off but it ran one season, no clue if it will run again. And even on that, someone twisted her knee up bad enough to land her in the hospital.
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love this show it pumps me up for the tred mill thinking these people can do it so can i

I do think this season has sucked big time

About the weight loss the people have huge amount to lose so i'm pretty sure its fine on the bodys to lose that amount
  • catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Definitely this.
  • brontemoon
    Options
    The Biggest Loser got me off my butt. Hate this season and I do miss Jillian. Hopefully next season will be back to normal. I am thankful, I see all those people working out and it makes me feel encouraged.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    its like they've turned it into a scripted show and sneek in advertising the whole show, and don't get me started on the drama....I just wish it would go back to the way it used to be.....unfortunately I will not be watching anymore. sucks because I used to love it! ps....I intensely dislike how they bring politics into the show as well....as if we need more politics shoved down our throats....( bringing m. obama on to make her look all fantastic.....ugh sickening)
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It has become very commercialized, especially with Subway. They are constantly promoting products, this is getting old. Also, I hate the way they time the commercials, it is so predictable that they go to commercial right before they show someone's weight. Then when they come back from commercials they rehash the whole story, instead of just showing the results. Hate that.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Also remember its most likely not so much the workouts that get the weight off the people in the show... They have a chef that makes all of the meals for them according to their calories and they do live in some what of a controlled environment this alone is not realistic!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have never liked that show...it's exploitation of a vulnerable population IMO
  • Amygrl559
    Amygrl559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite shows. I've watched every season, but to be honest, this season hasn't had me glued to my seat. I'll let a few episodes go by before I remember that I haven't seen them. Then I'll spend a couple hours playing catch up. I think it's because of all these new trainers they bring in every season. I did like it better when it was just Bob and Jillian and when they would be competitive of eachother, that was fun to watch.
    I'll continue to watch, just because it does motivate me to get my butt off the couch. But if they ever get rid of Bob, it won't be worth watching, anymore.