Your stomach, after having a child.......

Options
13»

Replies

• ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I believe that most women can get a flat stomach with a lot of hard work. True, it might not be possible for some women, but I like to believe when there's a will, there's a way. (I am just hoping I am one of the people who CAN lose it!)

May I also just say... there are a LOT of hot mamas here!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I basically gave birth and my stomach went back to normal immediately, the one perk of getting pregnant at 19. Now that I'm older I'm terrified I won't be so lucky again.
  • daniellie23
    daniellie23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to add pictures, but I have a picture of my tummy in my pics, I have a 3 year old, its a lot of work but my tummy is a work in progress, I will send a friend request so you can view my profile
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to ever have a flat tummy, if you have the "pooch" ? Everyone I have talked to says, oh theres now way you can lose that. I mean Im 5'6 154.2lbs and I want to get down to 125-130. So according to everyone I've talked to, I'll never have a flat stomach.... Im not going to lie its very upsetting to have someone say that to you. My son is 8 years old now, and this is the first time that I have tried to lose weight, but Im already discouraged already, just from what people are saying. So if theres anyone that has before and after pictures of your tummy, or advice or anything, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Ashley

I am friend requesting you!! We are the same height, have the same goal and have the same problem!! I also have an 8 yr old! We are MFP twinsies. lol. I posted a similar thread before and got varied responses... Some said yes, said said no. It really all depends if that pooch is from extra skin, or fat. If it's skin, nothing short of a tummy tuck will make it fully go away.... If it's fat, then there is a chance.... I think mine is a combo of both... I have seen it gone done a lot, but it's not flat. Hopefully as I loose the rest of my weight I will see a flat tummy again.. I have pics on my profile...
  • Nickysmom126
    Options
    I basically gave birth and my stomach went back to normal immediately, the one perk of getting pregnant at 19. Now that I'm older I'm terrified I won't be so lucky again.

Mine should have bounced back then, I got pregnant at 15 and had my son when I was 16. He's 8 now, and Im just trying to lose the weight.
  • bethy35
    bethy35 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had 3 kids including twins... getting that flat stomach is hard, and I'm still working on it! Just keep up with the hard work, watch what you eat and doing your cardio/ab work outs.... It might never get pre prego flat, but toner...
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I gained 100lbs with baby #1, lost it and was pregnant 7 months with baby #2. You CAN look good again. Eff other people. I refused to ever believe I couldn't be hot again!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Mine should have bounced back then, I got pregnant at 15 and had my son when I was 16. He's 8 now, and Im just trying to lose the weight.

Another thing I'm terrified of is having a boy because they tend to be a bit bigger and you carry lower. My daughter was only 4 pounds 8 ounces.

Edit: 5 pounds 8 ounces. Not 4.
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    I had 2 kids back to back within 2 years and gained approximately 50 pounds with each of them. It took 18 months after my son (last baby) was born to lose all of the weight, then another 2-3 years to get my stomach how I wanted it...it took time, determination, a good diet, and strength training! Lots of heavy weight lifting. I still have a little loose skin in the lower part of my belly, but it isn't that bad.

Pregnant:
    39wks.jpg

9 months post pardum:
    2004_b-1-1.jpg

Now:
    belly.jpg
    Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Um, wow...this could make me happy!

I was just about to say it depends on what your definition of flat is. Mine is pretty good after 3 kids, one in each decade of my "age" 19, 25, and 31. When I gain even 5 pounds tho, it looks awful. This above poster is what I define as a flat belly and have been inspired...just wow!
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    After baby #3 I was nursing, eating super clean, doing Yoga, pilates and strength training. I was 5'9 and 145 pounds. I STILL had a pooch. I'm telling you this because even with hard work and dedication you might still have it...and IT IS OK!!! It will not be because you didn't try hard enough or put in enough effort! Not everyone can get that pre-baby belly back. I don't want you to feel discoraged if after everything you went through there aren't the results that you were hoping for.
  • motivatedmommie
    motivatedmommie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I came across this before /after on the beachbody website , truly inspiring ! she went 6mon, but it is possible
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/141408130
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

If I could have your tummy, I would be sooooo proud!!! You look great!! :)

Thanks! x