*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in April *

Options

Replies

• Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    3dogsrunning said:

Another great run on a beautiful day - so glad to be back. My friend/new neighbor was doing her 20k run. I didn't think it was a good idea to jump into that distance so quick so I met her at the turnaround. Her sister and my fiancé decided to meet up at 13k to do the last 7. I ended up running the 10k faster than I ever have. I have never run a sub 1 hour 10k. Super excited. I ran another half mile with her so my total today was 6.5 miles. That makes a total of 12 miles - 13 left to go.

Excellent!! yeah a break can be good sometimes, I took a week of and still felt great at a relay I ran Saturday!!! Congrats below 1 hr is great for a 10K!!!!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    5.2 miles today!

I am in NZ and we measure in kilometres! 8.3 ks sounds much better :)
  • dsharpie
    dsharpie Posts: 55
    Options
    I had a total of 20 miles for last week

This week
    Sunday 3 miles
  • hsrunningmom
    hsrunningmom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My totals for this week:

4/17 - 6.34 miles
    4/19 - 3.68 miles
    4/21 - 8.01 miles
    Total for the week: 18.03

Total for the month so far: 55.29 miles
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Week 1: 24 miles
    Week 2: 20 miles
    Week 3: 22 miles

Total for April: 66 miles

exercise.png
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    utes09 said:

Add a half marathon to my total!!!!

91.1 for the month!

This was my first "distance" race. I had only completed a 10k before.

Race Stats: Time: 2:20:50 Finished 266/408 for my division, 1288/2132 for Females and 2371/3496 Overall

CONGRATS!! on your half!! I just signed up for my first one - May 20th!!! Can't wait to put 13.1 on my car LOL.

I'm so getting one too!
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This week I logged 16 Miles. Not as many as I had hoped for but nothing to sneeze at either.
    That should be 64 for the month so far and 11 to go.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It has been a crazy week, through this morning: 66.4

exercise.png
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    A very leisurely 3.1 miles this afternoon, 49 miles for the month.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    dsharpie said:

I had a total of 20 miles for last week

This week
    Sunday 3 miles

OK I made the corrections, I changed it such that it is a 20 miles for week 2 (Monday 4/9-Sunday 4/15), then added 3 miles for week 3 (Monday 4/16-Sunday 4/22)).

The total for the month I got is now 40. [is that right?].
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    Gym again today 4 miles

exercise.png
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    no miles to add... just checking in. i can bend my knee now without hearing the "pop." i may try a short run in the next couple days to see how things feel. i think i may be overcompensating though, because now my hips hurts. arghhhh! i just want to get back out there! :-)
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I did 12 miles Saturday, 2 legs at a mountainess (hilly) relay. My second leg had a 8% grade hill for over half a mile! it was tough but I didn't walk, and I feel great!

wow... that's quite a grade. great job! how did you hold up? any sign of your injury?
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    4/23 3.0 for speed (8:34 Avg. Min/Mi) Yahoo!
    + 3.4 for more distance (9:12 Avg Min/Mi) = 6.4 Miles today!

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I did 12 miles Saturday, 2 legs at a mountainess (hilly) relay. My second leg had a 8% grade hill for over half a mile! it was tough but I didn't walk, and I feel great!

wow... that's quite a grade. great job! how did you hold up? any sign of your injury?

thanks for asking, my injuries held up well. I kept a 8:11/mile pace for the first leg and a 9:00/mile pace for the second leg which to me is working real hard. Even with that I felt GREAT. I did not use an ipod I wanted to listen to my body.

Hip is much better, still a lingering Achilles soreness the day after BUT both are definitely better than they used to be after a race. I ran today - only 3.2 miles and I felt GREAT! I finally see light at the end of a very long tunnel! Yay!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    cowgirlslikeu said:

4/23 3.0 for speed (8:34 Avg. Min/Mi) Yahoo!
    + 3.4 for more distance (9:12 Avg Min/Mi) = 6.4 Miles today!

exercise.png

GREAT progress, congrats!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    j_courter said:

no miles to add... just checking in. i can bend my knee now without hearing the "pop." i may try a short run in the next couple days to see how things feel. i think i may be overcompensating though, because now my hips hurts. arghhhh! i just want to get back out there! :-)

UGH sorry, that sounds what happened to my hip, you probably should get it checked out. Mine was not bad and I am already recovering. My PT gave me some excellent stretches and exercises that were very effective.
  • hegster01
    hegster01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 miles today!
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    6 more today, 137 for the month.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    didn't do a whole lot this past weekend by yesterday I ran 5 miles and 5 more today!