50-60 olds needing to lose 50

Options
any one like me?

Replies

• diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    Right there with ya! 55 yrs old - need to lose about 40 pounds (again) :smile:
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    63 year old needing to loose at least 60 lbs.
    Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    was 124 both times PG -was way too thin with X pressure. Last felt good at 150 but now at 215 and 75 days no cheating am so
    confused as to no loss. I am going to try upping my cals but is so scary.
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am 61 and need to lose 50 lbs. I gained from quitting smoking. I really need some support because I have
    never been this heavy even when I was pregnant. Please can I join your group?

Dot:flowerforyou:
  • joy31021
    Options
    you are my twin. Please join and help us all
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    52 with more than that to lose. Friend me if you like.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and I've lost 52 lbs since last Sept. I have 18 lbs to go!
  • amibeachcomber
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just turned 50 on New Year's Eve. I have 84 pounds to lose to be at a healthy weight where my BMI should be. I've lost and regained weight several times in my life and now that I've had a health scare with a post meal blood sugar of 210 last week (I am not diabetic.......yet) I got the "wake up call". I started a med that increases your blood sugar just a few months ago and I think that has something to do with it........not to mention the tremendous stress that I have been going through with the death of my father and my first born son going off to college this past fall. So, the plan is to follow the low glycemic index plan, exercise daily....no excuses, and find a way to destress. Thanks for listening.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    53 year old lady from Texas, lost ~25 and I have ~100 more to go!
    Friend me if you have the same goals as myself
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am 54 and trying to lose 60 lbs also. I love to motivate, support and encourage others. Any of you please feel free to check out my profile and add me as a friend if you would like. I am there for all of you as we are all on this same journey and we can do this together!!!

Hugs to all
    Bev
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 & still need to lose another 25 lbs
  • joy31021
    Options
    yes please
    my gain was quit too
  • jhansonfan
    jhansonfan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, both of your father and your child going away to college. Both are very big stressors. I turned 49 the day BEFORE New Years Eve and I have 50 pounds to lose. I too had some health scares recently, not mine but my daughter put her hand through a mirror and severed her artery, nerve and tendon. She had to have emergency surgery and maybe one more. My good friend suffered liver failure and was in a coma for almost two weeks. It has really made me think twice about the way I am treating my body. I love life and want to be around as long as I can. Good luck and take care.
  • butterflync105
    butterflync105 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    52 years old and need to lose 126 total. Just finished my first week and I am down 8 pounds. YAY!
  • ViSalus2012
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this. I am 54. I joined because I had to keep track of my daily calories of 1200 or my weight wasn't coming off. I guess our bodies go into starvation mode. Weird to eat more....to lose weight. My journey started last July when I discovered I was 180 and my size 16's were getting tight. I can help others with ideas that I have learned along the way. Today I am now 134 and am wearing a size 8. I NEVER remember ever wearing a size 8 in my life!!!!! I am now trying to get down to 130 and see how I look/feel.
    The first thing that we need, to start this journey, is to do some deep soul searching and discover deep in our hearts, that we are fed up with how we look and feel. Only we can do this. Write down what your dreams and goals are and then take it one day at a time. I remember never looking at the 45 - 50 pounds that I wanted to lose. That seemed to overwhelming so I broke it down into just 10 pound increments. I could handle 10 pounds. That seemed doable to me.
    I hope to find other friends here who can encourage me to stay with this and learn how to maintain once I get there. This will be a lifelong journey for me as I have already learned from the past, that if we fall back into our old ways of eating, the weight does come back.
  • joy31021
    Options
    OK we all relate, how do we form a group to talk? I think we are all in sync and am so excited to have support
  • joy31021
    Options
    My angel daughter was born 1/1/91
  • madiseanderson
    Options
    me too and I know it won't be easy
  • ViSalus2012
    Options
    Hi Bev,
    My gosh, I felt like we were sisters when I read your post. I, too, feel the same way. I am 54, have 3 adult children. Two are living in other states and one still with me who attends college and works. We are like 2 ships passing in the wind. LOL My husband lives and works 2 hours from here when he lost his job and this is where he found work. I decided I am taking my life back and am getting to know me all over again. My journey started last July when I discovered I was 180 pounds. Today I am now 134. I am trying to get down to 130 and see how I look/feel. My husband has lost 18 pounds now and he is trying to get healthier as well.
    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday and I look forward to taking this journey with you.
  • Ditur
    Ditur Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just turned 59 and i need to lose 35 lbs. It seems over the years the pounds just keep adding on slowly until you find that size 14 is your new size these days. I was always a size 10 and rarely a 12 but now even size 16 fits some days.
    UGH>..I need to get serious and get back into shape. Nice to see that this site does not have only tiny ladies with 10 lbs to lose and bodies like the old twiggy we used to know.
    nice to meet you all!