Update with Comparison Pics.. 304 lbs. lost.....

Options

Replies

• yeowiepower
    yeowiepower Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ohh my goodness... look amazing. very very very well done!!!!
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    WOWWWWWW!!!!!! You look amazing!! What an inspiration!
  • annabell61
    Options
    wow. !!!!!!!!!!!
  • jlt1968
    jlt1968 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow thats amazing. You look great and what an insperation.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    WOW. I'm stunned.. This is amazing. That took some hard work. I am so happy for you!
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Awesome job !
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your pics (all of them :wink: ). Honestly, I'm glad you shared them ALL! What dedication you have, and what an awesome transformation you have made. Be proud and thanks for the inspiration!
  • CoconutExpress
    Options
    You are so inspirational!! You have to be so proud of yourself!! Thanks for sharing the photos and the success! It keeps me motivated! :)
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Dude!!! Hi Five.
  • babbgirl1975
    babbgirl1975 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Such an inspiration! Hard work pays off! Thanks for sharing:)
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like when you post your pics because it gives me the encouragement to continue and not give up. Once again, your are truly amazing.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are a complete and total inspiration to those of us who sometimes feel like giving up. You look increadible. Congrats on your success.
  • dc_smile2002
    dc_smile2002 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Just curious...maybe it's too much to write...but what is your weight loss/fitness story? How did you do it with diet and exercise?

Well the short of it is it took changing every aspect of my life, not just the Physical, but also the Mental, and Spiritual side as well.. There was alot of things broke (not beyond repair) but still salvageable...but it took me hitting rock bottom before I was ready to make that commitment and I had to stop saying no to everything and start saying yes.... Once I did things started improving. Was there stumbles and obstacles along the way, most definitely but I took each day one day at a time and continued putting one foot in front of the other (Baby Steps) and the days turned into weeks and weeks into months and before I knew it I was down over 300 lbs. and am finding myself all over again. Don't let anybody fool you, this journey is never over and I still fight alot of the same demons I fought at 560 lbs. the biggest difference now is, I am ready to face those demons head on and let them know they don't own me, and I will not let them rule my life, because I am my own man now and I decide what is wrong or right in my future.

But as much as I want to stand on my own two feet, there is no way I could do this without the love and support of my family and friends. They have always been there (even when I was so blind that I just couldn't see it) waiting for me to come around and when I did they surround me with the support I would need to attack this journey head on... I still see the old me though every time I look in the mirror, it is a hard thing to break and I don't know if and when the day will come that I totally accept the new me. I have 2 skin surgeries coming up this summer that will remove the most awful reminders of losing 300+ lbs (surgeon figures around 25 pounds of skin removal) I wear black every single day to hide the loose skin you can't see.. I was very fortunate to not have alot of excess skin around my chin and arms and lower legs but my torso area is a different story... I will continue to work with my therapist on my self image and one day I hope to see the thinner me as much on the inside that everyone of you see on the outside. Until then I will stay focused and continue to set goals for myself and keep working each and everyday...

To answer your question, for me it was all about getting rid of all the bad foods that led me to 560 lbs, and replace them with healthier options. I don't eat things in moderation like some, because actually those foods repulse me now. They caused alot of my emotional problems and frankly if I had my choice today I would sooner reach for the almonds, or fruits and veggies than to sit down and allow myself to eat a grab bag of doritoes just cause it fits in my calorie deficit but I am not knocking anyone who chooses that method it is just one I don't associate with anymore.. I allow myself a couple spike meals a week normal one healthy and the other not so.... We choose to eat those meals outside of the house and never bring anything home from them... Exercise is vital along with diet, I am living proof to what cardio and weight training can do even to someone in the extreme weight range that I once was... I attribute alot of my skin tightening to my exercise.... And getting my head right with the man upstairs was the trifecta in my journey... I stopped blaming him for all my problems and put the blame squarely on my shoulders and owned up to the fact I had brought every bit of this on myself.... You have to eventually give into the process and start putting yourself first... Make time for you, so that you will be here later on for those you care about.... Sorry so long.............. (guess it wasn't quite the short of it huh?? lol)
  • livlovlaf
    livlovlaf Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable. You should be sooo Proud. Way to go.
  • livlovlaf
    livlovlaf Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. So inspiring.
  • Jswift1989
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! What a great success story and such a inspiration to everyone. Thanks so much for sharing it.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It may only be a 10lb loss but I think your body composition changed and you lost fat and gained muscle! Those pics from Jan to March show a HUGE difference! Congrats!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!