30 day shred starts today!

Options

Replies

• phillieschic
    Options
    I'm a little late here, but I started 30DS last night. Jillian is a b***h and I hate her.

But, I will complete this 30 day nonsense because I am not a quitter.

And, I will still hate her. :noway:
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4..and the first day...is def an eye opener. Good luck girl! You can do it!
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me too. Apart from my triceps (especially on the left) aching like hell I am fine thus far. I really thought my abs would be aching, but only when I laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My God it doesn't half make you puff in places though and I cycle 10 miles most days so I am not completely unfit!

Still not sure whether I should take a rest day or not - I will see how my triceps feel over the next couple of days and decide.
  • alli4350
    alli4350 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm did 30DS in February, and I just finished Ripped in 30. Tomorrow morning, I'm starting 30DS again. I love these workouts!
  • meggers127
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 as well! I was wondering if I could switch up the cardio moves. Jumping jacks really bother my knees, so can I do the punches while squatting instead?
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ^ Jumping jacks are ideal, but if they are gonna cause injury then I would just make sure that you are doing cardio of some sort. Have you thought about running in place? I don't think that is one endorsed by her.. but its gets your heart pumping just as fast =)

I just did Level 2, Day 1 today... never thought I would say that I miss Level 1!!! I can sorta do what Anita does.. but even then it hurts!
  • meggers127
    Options
    ^ Jumping jacks are ideal, but if they are gonna cause injury then I would just make sure that you are doing cardio of some sort. Have you thought about running in place? I don't think that is one endorsed by her.. but its gets your heart pumping just as fast =)

I just did Level 2, Day 1 today... never thought I would say that I miss Level 1!!! I can sorta do what Anita does.. but even then it hurts!

Yeah, I'll do a little bit of jumping jacks and then it starts to hurt. I can try the running in place. I might do the butt kicks and jog around the room, that really gets my heart rate up. I asked about the punching one because its in the cardio section, and I just really like that one because I can feel my back and my thighs working....I'll switch it up and just keep my heart rate up! Thanks!
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 done and this much is clear: two 'real' push-ups will forever be my limit.
  • itsabbylove
    Options
    all of us that are starting today should make a group so we can encourage each other to keep going!!!! I know I almost wanted to quit halfway through today because it KICKED MY BUTT but I kept going and I am SOO glad I did.
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to do it for 30 days straight also, along with working on the Couch to 5K program. I weigh in once a week, and I was up a little yesterday, but I'm trying to tell myself that this little bit of bicep muscle poking out is the reason why lol.

I have gotten to the point where I'm reciting along with Jillian. It (kind of) helps me forget about what I'm doing, especially those blasted side lunges!
  • BLR2JLR
    BLR2JLR Posts: 38
    Options
    I started yesterday and it was a tough little work out I am super juiced to see the end results .
  • katy8481
    katy8481 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I did Level 2, Day 1 also today and I feel the same way about missing level 1! HOLY HELL! These next 9 days are going to be just that....HELL...can't wait to try level 3! ha ha ha what have I gotten myself into? Level 1 seems pretty easy in comparison.
  • stephers188
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I just ordered the dvd, excited to get started when it arrives :)
    Slightly scared that I won't be able to do any of the stuff in it though :/ I am ridiculously unfit haha!
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I just ordered the dvd, excited to get started when it arrives :)
    Slightly scared that I won't be able to do any of the stuff in it though :/ I am ridiculously unfit haha!

Dont worry, I'm ridiculously unfit too which comes as a surprise to some people since I live on the 3rd floor and climb my stairs about 3times a day lol. But it does get better :) Just stick with Anita xx
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 as well! I was wondering if I could switch up the cardio moves. Jumping jacks really bother my knees, so can I do the punches while squatting instead?

When I first did 30DS the jumping jacks killed my knees as well. I jogged in place and did the punches. Then when I felt stronger, I went back to the jumping jacks and just did them really slow. I'm not sure what happened, but jumping jacks don't seem to bother my knees anymore. I have serious knee issues gone thru PT and wear a brace, but somehow I mastered jumping jacks. Just do what you can do. If you can jog in place or anything go for it. I think the idea is just to get your heart pumping. Good luck!!!
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 done and I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with me. I don't know if I should be doing it so full of cold because I don't have the energy to do some of the moves. Leg work is fine - arms not so much.
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 done and I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with me. I don't know if I should be doing it so full of cold because I don't have the energy to do some of the moves. Leg work is fine - arms not so much.

It sounds to me like it is because you are sick on the energy part! My legs were so sore for the first few days. Now I have upped my weights to 5 pounds and my arms hurt. Maybe when your cold clears up you will feel better! Especially upping my weights, I am having a little more trouble with the cardio part. I was doing much better with lower weights, but I am trying to push myself. Keep it up! You are doing great!!
  • firsttimebridesmaid
    Options
    WOO HOO! I'm on Level 1 and it will be day 7 if I get to it today... I'm definitely a work-out-aloner, but I may have to do it in front of my husband today :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: Is it silly that I don't want to see me huffing and puffing almost dying during those d*mn bicycle crunches?!

I've also had some issues with jumping jacks/jump rope with my knees. I've been alternating between squat/punches and running in place. I just make sure to keep my heart rate up the whole time.
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    I had to work out in front of my husband Saturday. I felt dumb, but it actually was a good distraction from the pain! I don't think it is silly to feel that way! I totally do too but didn't have a choice! The bicycle crunches suck, but I can totally feel it working!
  • jodibrox
    jodibrox Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 today and afraid I will get really sore. Did you guys take any days off or did you just plunge through it every day?