Ok so is it okay to be pissed off at the following situation

Options

Replies

• tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Whether you had agreed to pay for it all or not...

What kind of friend lets you order food for two people knowing she might (or worse, definitely) leave before the food arrived?!

Your "friend" sounds kind of hair-brained for leaving you holding the to-go box and the check.

Just my two-cents.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Wrap it in brown paper, put it in a parcel and mail it to her. :grumble:

THIS..IS..EPIC! I love t!
  • gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a friend i love to death but does similar things we are both trying to change our lifestyles and lose some weight only this time im trying to take it very seriously and she not so much so whenever i come over this conversation happens, she says "hey wanna make a pan of brownies, they're double chocolate carmel"
    and I say "nah but you can make them for you if you want i just ate"
    she says "well I'm not gonna make them if your not gonna eat them too"
    than i say "well i'll probably have one"
    and she says "sigh never mind than "
    and ultimately leaves me feeling guilty because she will not eat brownies unless i eat them therefore i am depriving us both i guess lol
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yes it is ok to be pissed off but at the end of the day this is YOUR life and not hers. Yea it cost $25 but take this as a lesson in true friendship. If your friend is not eating carbs when did she order a Pizza. Its up to you what you do with the food. Have some and then chuck the rest out. The next time if she wants to cheat, let her do it and you keep true to yourself, and if she doesn't like it, then she isn't true friend I am afraid. A true friend wouldn't do this. :smile:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't be mad. You knew she would be leaving. You should have asked what time.

No-one is sabataging you. No-one is forcing you to eat it. Throw the food out, or eat it if you want it. It's your choice not anyone else's.
  • Neequie
    Neequie Posts: 48
    Options
    It's always ok to be pissed if something bothers you! Im not a fan of "wrong" emotions...you feel what you feel! The question is WHY do you feel this way? I mean REALLY? Are you upset at being slighted? Are you angry she left before the food came? Are you angry she didn't help pay? Are you angry she didn't partake in the bad food choice? Do you feel a competition of a sort going on? What is the REAL issue? Is there more to the picture here? Personally I would be upset she left knowing you ordered foos...enough for both of you. THAT would really piss me off...that to me is like canceling plans midway through....kinda like going out with a girlfriend to a bar and after an hour she leaves with a guy, and you are left at the bar alone....not considerate! Now, if she's a good friend as you say, write it off...but LEARN from it. I am a person who in my past has allowed people to walk on me. Turns out I should have been angry at MYSELF for allowing it. Now, I take these situations, try to forgive and let go and learn from them, but kinda keep them written in chalk in my brain....if it happens again, I need to question the friendship. And seriously, 3 striks, you're OUT. However, I am loyal, so they gotta be pretty big strikes. This was totally inconsiderate. If she knew she was leaving, and soon, she should have let you know before ordering the food. Additionally, if you both want to get back on your diet, instead of "cheating" together, why don't you consider healthier options? Try something new together, or look up low carb recipes online and cook together....you get the idea. BTW, I have completely cut out carbs as well...only carbs I get are from produce and beans. I am not allowed (Dr Orderes to eat ANY grains...that means no cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes, bread etc., and extremely high protein (goal is 88 grams a day, I usually hit 70, lol) and Im not starving either! Meat, dairy and produce are more filling than you think! Anyway, good luck sweet cheeks! And think of the reasons WHY you are angry....not for us, but for yourself! ;-) AND one more side note, if this really isn't a good friend, you are better off hanging out alone (which isn't bad!) than being around someone who is a Fake Friend! I call 'em EFFERS....LOL!! :laugh:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Things to do with the pizza
    Put it on her doorstep, ring the bell and run away.
    Make a birthday cake for her with ripped up chunks of pizza and wing meat in it.
    Every time you see her again, pull a piece of that *kitten* from the freezer, thaw it out and serve it 'til it's gone.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    umm, yeah you're kinda overreating. From the sound of it, you're just finding a reason to complain about nothing. You're a grown up. I'm assuming that since you're old enough to type and old enough to pay for the pizza that you're atleast 14 and thats old enough to realize that its NOT ok to complain about silly little things like this. I have not read all the replies but anyways, heres some of the reasons that you shoudlnt be mad

1) Who the hell cares....its just a damn pizza...eat it, throw it (I wouldnt, such a waste but if you do, nobody will judge)

2) None of you set the time when you were gonna leave. She left before you. Woops. Either be an adult (something you seem to be having a hard time with) and ask your friend to leave you the money for the order or ask her to wait OR be a friend and pay for the whole thing

3) You 2 are friends...you're seriously having a problem over a PIZZA?!?

4) Knock on your neighbors door (somebody you've seen and said hello to) and tell them you got some food and its too much to eat and if they'd like to eat with you. There ya go! A possible new friend (or a serial killer, but adults take chances!). And for the life of you, donot ask the neighbor to cough up the money for it...be a good host
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I never understand the guilt of "wasting" food. You don't have to eat something you don't want.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have an idea...let's OVER ANALYZE the living crap out of this.

me and the OP have moved on. We ate the damn pizzaand then shot pool and slammed shots the rest of the afternoon.
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Ha ha ha...love it!

Love this idea too! And then stop by her house with a cheesecake to "share" and leave before she cuts you a piece!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Ha ha ha...love it!

Love this idea too! And then stop by her house with a cheesecake to "sure" and leave before she cuts you a piece!

uhh,,,,I love cheesecake and would never leave until its all gone. 2 forks and one cheesecake. yum till done!
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    yes its okay 2 be pissed just dnt stay pissed caus she iz yo friend:smile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'd be ticked off too.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I'd be ticked off too.

forgive them father for they had to leave early and knew not what they were doing
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Not worth being angry over imo. Eat it, don't eat, eat some of it and give the rest to a homeless person. :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'd be ticked off too.

forgive them father for they had to leave early and knew not what they were doing

(sigh) And while you're at it Father, please forgive me for being ticked off. :smile:
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Ha ha ha...love it!

ditto.
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job taking care of yourself. If that ever happens again, take it to a local shelter and offer it to the staff. They cannot usually give it to the clients because of the health laws. Then write it off as a tax deduction and eat something that won't make you sick.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If she had eaten the food, it still would have cost you the same amount. You haven't lost anything. Eat what you want and throw out the rest. Just because there is food in front of your face doesn't mean it has to go into your face.

This is what I think, too, but I would also be pissed off...mostly at myself and it would be a lesson learned to stay within my food goals.