What food is your KRYPTONITE?

Options
jovz10
jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
For the past 6 months, I been really good at not eating things that are not good for my diet or unhealthy... ice cream, soda, pizza, burger, candy, cake.... but why is when my husband makes shrimp scampi linguine , i can't seem to say no and also can't stop eating it... sometimes i would go over my limit.... it's so delicious... by the time i log it in, i consume 875cal.... he cooks it though about once a month...

i felt like shrimp scampi linguine is my kryptonite ....

what's your kryptonite? what is the food that you just can't say no to?

Replies

• jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of candy, ice cream or cake. Mashed potatoes are my thing. I've found I can satisfy that particular craving with roasted potatoes which while not quite as good, satisfy the potato craving.
  • MorganStar123
    Options
    My Kryptonite is definitely ice cream! Before I started on MFP I used to go to the store and buy a whole pint of ben and jerry's or haagen dazs and eat the whole thing! I can't have it in the house now or I know I'll do exactly the same thing again. I can't seem to stop at just one serving.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Potato chips. I am so glad I don't have junk food in the house because I can sit down and eat an entire bag. I don't know what it is about them.
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes!!!
  • MistressOfHate
    Options
    Cake. I love white cake with vanilla frosting. I can not resist.
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Love the word choice. Mine is definitely oatmeal. To be even more specific: Maple brown sugar oatmeal. MMMMMMMM.
  • applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE... Just can't help myself!
  • Sonyakrueger8
    Options
    PIZZA is my Kryptonite!! But I have only had it twice since January and only one piece!
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND VANILLA ICE CREAM!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..........:sad:
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Ice cream sundaes!! Hot fudge, whipped creme, the whole nine yards!
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The pastrami sandwich on dutch crunch at the deli close to our house. OMGosh, don't even ask me to share!
  • lynniesue42
    Options
    Pizza, definitely pizza...and the close (very close) runner up would be chinese food!!!!
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird but nuts.. peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews... I know they are good for you but when you have alot they are high in cals.. I just cant seem to only have one serving!! I LOVE THEM!! :bigsmile:
  • jameslpipes
    Options
    Dr. Pepper is what causes me the biggest problem
  • schlange11b
    schlange11b Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Also chocolate, specifically kit-kats. Also Green-chili Cheeseburgers and beer... Sigh... The sacrifices one must make. O.o
  • Minimooshable
    Options
    Pork pies and Liquorice Alsorts. Oh and Maltesers. And French Fancies.... and thick toast with marmite. I jaut make sure I have NONE of these in the house, they just have no nutritional value at all!
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    strawberry filled strawberry candies and Zebra cakes.. I can't keep them in the house or buy them, because if I do, I'll eat the entire package in one sitting.. that's why I've done so crappy this week.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Strawberry Mist Whips....I try not to buy them EVERYTIME I go to the store but I can't resist....Once I get them home it seems like they call to me...Instead of sugary sweets, I eat these which have tons of carbs...UGH!!! That is why they taste so damn good!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips... and/or those "food should taste good" chips from Costco.

I won't have them in the house.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or just plain peanuts!! Unfortunately I can eat an entire container in one sitting if I don't reign myself in!!