Please Look At mY Food Journal And Tell me Whats Wrong

Options
1235»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I have to agree with the first poster because from what I have read when you spread your calories throughout the day it's not leaving huge gaps where your not eating anything. When you spread them out your body is less likely to store everything as fat because it knows there is more food coming. And if I am not mistaken spreading them out and eating more frequently helps rev up your metabolism.

Proven false.

Source:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985

Okay but wouldn't you be less starving in the morning if you ate a decent dinner? If I ate 90% of my calories at breakfast and just a little broccoli for dinner I'd be starving and over eat the next morning too...
  • TeMpi
    TeMpi Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I have to agree with the first poster because from what I have read when you spread your calories throughout the day it's not leaving huge gaps where your not eating anything. When you spread them out your body is less likely to store everything as fat because it knows there is more food coming. And if I am not mistaken spreading them out and eating more frequently helps rev up your metabolism.

Proven false.

Source:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985

Okay but wouldn't you be less starving in the morning if you ate a decent dinner? If I ate 90% of my calories at breakfast and just a little broccoli for dinner I'd be starving and over eat the next morning too...

It doesn't matter. Everyone's preference to when they want to eat is different. Do whatever feels natural to you. Personally, I don't eat my first meal until 3PM. The only thing I am stressing is the people that are advising the poster to "eat more often" to help with her weight loss don't know their facts and are giving completely false and misleading information.

Again, it's been scientifically proven that meal frequency DOES NOT have an effect metabolism. I've been eating my daily calories in an 8 hour window for so long now I don't even get hungry unless it's after 3pm. I'll even lift weights or kickbox before I break my 16 hour fast. It feels normal to me now and it's a lot easier to stay within my daily calorie limit because I can eat more calorie dense meals. I can eat until I'm satisfied.

These aren't my own teachings or methods. Go read it for yourself. (www.leangains.com)
    Read what the brilliant author, Martin Berkhan, has to say. He leaves plenty of sources of scientific studies from government web sites so you can verify these methods. Trainers, magazines and fitness shows can often be found spewing false information that has been contradicted many years ago. I've sourced where I get my information a few times already. I've yet to see anyone source a published medical study that shows any benefit to a high meal frequency.