Sweet cravings - any healthy ideas?

Options
I get a lot of sweet cravings! I'm trying to be good but need some ideas. I'm not a big fruit eater other than bananas and pears. Normally it would be chocolate chip cookies or ice cream. Help!!

Replies

• rachelbina
    rachelbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Ice Cream Candy Bars..... 140 calories of yummy. Trust me.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Check out www.ohsheglows.com
    Her recipes are vegan, but I made an AWESOME almond butter brown rice rice crispy thing. It was GOOD.
  • wbroadley
    wbroadley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i find the best way to cut the cravings is to give the treats up altogether and get off the rollercoaster.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream. It's pre-portioned so you don't binge, it tastes amazing, and they're like 140-170 cals.

Whenever I am craving, I buy this at my local CVS - http://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=4
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I make avocado and banana chocolate pudding in the blender. Just like normal chocolate pudding. Still has a lot of calories because of the healthy fats (200-350 depending on portion) but I find it gets rid of the cravings and doesn't put me back into the sugar craving rollercoaster.
  • patkterry
    patkterry Posts: 50
    Options
    frozen fruit, Skinny Cow EVERYTHING, pre packaged 100 calorie cookies, OH chex mix has a 100 calorie pack of caramel/chocolate - its AMAZING!!, rice cakes, sugar free jello pudding cups, jello cups, fun size m &m's, fruit strips ( adult fruit roll ups)- Target/Archer farms has great ones and 45-60 calories each.

I try to get stuff pre portioned.. thats the only way I let myself eat that, portion control is my enemy. LOL
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, apples, chewing gum, skinny cow ice cream
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

2 2/3 cups (660 ml) fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
    1/3 cup (80 ml) water

Instructions

1. Pulse strawberries in a blender or food processor until coarsely combined. Slowly add water and pulse until smooth and thick, regularly scraping down sides with Silicone Spatula.
    2. Pour into an oblong 11” x 7” (28 cm x 17.5 cm) non-stick pan. Freeze for 4–6 hours, or until completely frozen.
    3. Return to blender and pulse briefly to create a thick slush, taking care not to over-blend.
    4. Spoon into individual dishes and serve immediately.
    Guilt-free with only 50 calories!

Per Serving : Calories 50, Fat 0.3 g (Saturated 0 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 2 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 9 g), Protein 1 g.

It's very tasty and my kids love it too!
  • MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Chill 1 serving of oatmeal -- 1/8c slivered almonds, cinnamon & 0 cal sweetener (equals my fave)-- insta rice pudding lol --- well not really but its simple, fills you up & is a GOOD carb source w/protein --- can add bananas or strawberries too!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt mixed with some sugar free pudding mix.
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Fat free sugar free chocolate pudding :D
  • saucyitalian19
    saucyitalian19 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with a few Chocolate Chips

Any fruit with a tsp. Chocolate Syrup

Chocolate Chips + Tbl. PB

Smoothies

Popcorn (not sweet but it helps with cravings)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream treats.
    28 M&M's=100 cal
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    My favorite is 321 cake.

1 box angel food cake
    1 box any flavor cake(I use funfetti)
    *empty both boxes into large ziplock bag and shake to mix.
    *use for individual servings of cake.

3 tablespoons of cake mix
    2 tablespoons of water, mix well
    1 minute in microwave

Top with fresh fruit and whipped cream. I like diced strawberries and far free whipped cream. If you use funfetti, the total calories is 96.
  • gavin03
    gavin03 Posts: 39
    Options
    I eat Zone bars. They are a protein bar. They help with cravings and satisfy your hunger. Especially before a workout.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Cherry Angelfood Cake Bars

There is a recipe:
    A box of Angel Food Cake
    Can of Lite Cherries,
    mix together and bake 350 for 30 minutes
    There's a recipe on here for it, it sounds amazing. 88 calories they say.
  • irenec8
    irenec8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Breyers fat free vanilla ice cream!! 90 calories and fat free! anddddd yummy.
  • karmamaof2
    Options
    A sugar craving can often mean that your body needs more protein. I've always had a pretty noisy sweet tooth, but when I make sure to get enough protein, I don't "need" sweets like I did before.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Blue Bunny Fudge Lites - 35 calories.

Sugar Free Popcicles - 15 calories

Banana Panacakes - made with 1/3 cup egg whites, 1/2 mash banana and a dash of cinnamon. Mix really well and cook like you would a pancake in a teflon skillet sprayed with cooking spray, Makes about 3..Its thin like a crepe,,,let it cook really good on one side till the edges turn brown and then flip,,,if you don't wait longe enough its hard to flip. Add a tablespoon of sugar free syrup and its yummy time about 100 calories or so. We had that for breakfast this morning with 2 Jimmy Dean Breaskfast Sausage links..Hubby said he thought he was at waffle house!

Blue Bell frozen strawberry bar - 70 calories
    Blue Bell frozen coconut bar - 100 calories

and if I have a lot of calories left my favorite snack is - one plank of low fat grahm cracker with a teaspoon of nutella....if I really have a lot left I have two!!!
  • danimarie1782
    danimarie1782 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with nonsugar sweetener
    Watermelon - only 8 calories per oz and it is mostly water
    Skinny Cow ice cream sanwiches - all are good but the pb chocolate is amazing!
    Weight wachers ice cream
    Vitatop deep chocolate muffin tops

And my favorite - low fat yogurt of your choice - FROZEN!! Just pop them in the freezer for a few hours and then enjoy! You have to scrape it out of the container bit by bit so it takes awhile to eat.