Sweet cravings - any healthy ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. It has a lot of health benefits so no need to feel guilty if you stick to 1 (or 2) pieces. Ghirardelli is a great one. The 72% and 86% are both delicious.
  • sarahwalker912
    sarahwalker912 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth! When I get a sweet tooth, thats all I do. The taste for it goes away then I don't want anything and on top of that I don't won't to eat after I brush my teeth :)
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Jello-Sugar free Chocolate pudding is sooooo good.You would never know it is sugar-free:)Also Sugar free popsiciles,They are yummy(all flavors)
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If I have to eat something (hunger + cravings) then I make the most healthy dessert option I can.
    Google this.. ohsheglows.com and skinnytaste.com are great resources to start.

If I'm not hungry, and just craving, I leave post-it notes around my cupboard and where I normally reach to overeat/fulfill the cravings with ideas and inspirations such as "if it's nice outside, why aren't you enjoying it?" Or, "do you really need this today?"
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    apple slices with nutella hazel nut spread. It tastes like chocolate and is freaking delicious in my opinion!!!
  • MsNewLou80
    MsNewLou80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Most meals I eat are complex carbohydrate and protein. For Saitiation reasons I eat lean protein the more natural the source the less carbohydrates. Like a boiled egg, tin of flavoured tuna 95g or some cold roast beef 100g.
    But if you can't live without chocolate try Atkins caramel peanut bars their really nice but you might not stop at one....
    I hope this helps you with your cravings.
    But whenever I eat protein I'm fuller longer. :wink:
  • GettingFit145
    Options
    Try some of the South Beach Diet Ricotta Cheese recipes (just google). You wouldn't think that ricotta cheese would make anything sweet, but it is really good! I use lo-fat ricotta, some Splenda and Vanilla Extract and it's very satisfying. They also have mocha and other recipes. Yum!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I like dates. I can eat, at most, 6 in a sitting, or 150 kcal.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies. Taste just like the real thing! mMMM I have one a day! :)
  • amsaunders0313
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! So many great ideas which should keep me out of trouble :devil:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple with peanut butter :-p
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt with a teaspoon of maple syrup and any frozen fruit you like. Yum!