Zumba? Anyone Tried it??

Options
1235»

Replies

• tdbasss
    tdbasss Posts: 6
    Options
    I loveeee it!!! It really gets your heart pumping if you give it your all.I go to a class once a week and i burn around 900+cals (hrm)
  • disneydiva21
    Options
    i just started the zumba DVD 2day and i cant figure out the calories .. :(
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the zumba exhilarate dvd set. (started the workout on 2-March) I saw the infomercial, and found myself tapping my feet and wanting to boogie on the spot, so i figured it was a good buy. I love it, and since then, i've been getting up @ 430am every morning (M-F) so that i have time to do the 45 minute workout in the morning before work. when i'm traveling, i do it in the evenings after work, but i am religious about the M-F. I was very sedentary prior to starting zumba. i now have much more energy, and i feel so much better than before i started. I have not lost a lot of weight yet, per se, but i can see and feel my shape changeing. i realized last week that i actually do have a waist. I was amazed. At first i was disappointed that things were not moving along more quickly, but i think that my body is sort of in shock. Just the fact that i feel better is incentive to keep doing it.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    After reading and reading about it, I use 600 for my calorie burn. I move and sweat a lot, but i'm not going to fool myself into thinking that i'm actually burning almost 1,000 calories yet. I'll get there...but not yet :)
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i tried it and it was fun but it was not enough of a workout for me. seemed too easy altho i burned a few hundred calories in 50 minutes.
    I was wondering how many calories one would burn more or less...I've seen 500-800 for 60 min but that seems like a lot! What do others think?
  • goalgal55
    Options
    I wondered how many calories Zumba burned, since the Pal doesn't have it. I use www.zumbacalories.com. I hope it's accurate! You put your weight in and your activity level.

I'm just starting my journey and have a looooong way to go. But I found a Zumba Toning class, and it is perfect for me. Not as much jumping but still gets your heart rate up and works with light weights (like shake weights) that isolate your muscles. A good community as well. Going 2-3x a week now!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I do it! I enjoy it, but I have the DVDs so it def feels like I'm working out. I get bored with the few DVDs they have, its the same routines over and over - but I've gotten ok-ish results. I try to make myself do it everyday but I get bored with the repetition. I wish there were more choreography, but I think that's the ballerina in me! I paid 120 for the whole set, so I'm not gonna let my $$ go to waste. I purchased it one year ago May 10th and I've only used it a couple weeks at a time. I haven't tried it for Kinect or Wii but I want to! I have a feeling it will be more fun/interactive. I haven't yet because I'm trying really hard to be mindful of my budget, but I get bored being by myself. :[
  • jennikawilliams28
    jennikawilliams28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Zumba, but I've always wanted to. Hearing everyone's success stories and how much they love it is making me want to try it even more now! Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts on it; I think I will sign up for a class at my local gym. :smile:
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I did it once with a friend of mine because she didn't want to try it out alone. I enjoyed it so much, that I considered buying it for myself, but haven't been able to save up the money for it. I haven't laughed so hard at myself or the people showing us the moves in a long time. It is really fun and you get a good burn.
  • hsnbro
    hsnbro Posts: 55
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and it kicks my *kitten*
  • nacobi
    nacobi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love it! I have Zumba for the Wii and the Exhilarate DVD set. I have not used all of my DVD set yet but I love the fact that I can get an excellent workout at home and I do not have to pay for a membership at a gym to get it! I sweat like crazy during the workout and I feel the soreness a lot in my sides/abs so I know I am working my core out. Another bonus: I lost 1/2 inch off my waist and hips!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    great stories!!! All if you get bored with the same routines- try out some live classes- the energy that comes off the class will blow your mind!!! I enjoy the DVD's too- but there is nothing like a live class!
    Also for those who have any joint issues, or physical limitations- look for a Zumba Gold class- same energy, lower impact, less jumping but still at the party!

Go to Zumba.com to look for an instructor near you

Zumba Instructor- Albuquerque, NM