1 st month weight loss

Options
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know how much you lose during the first month of your journey?

thanks

Replies

• Tangerine16
    Tangerine16 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I lost 11lbs.

14363700.png
  • jfig600
    jfig600 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18lbs so far and got 3 more days to make 1 month . I lost the most the first week then about 3lbs a week
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I lost about 9 I think.
  • amandaroselewis10
    Options
    I'm two weeks in and I've lost almost 9 pounds.
  • Joe_2012
    Joe_2012 Posts: 36
    Options
    how do you do that!!
    I've done 2 weeks and haven't lost anything!
  • jasity
    jasity Posts: 6
    Options
    18.2lbs. But i started at like 250lbs and a lot of the weight i lost first was water or so i'm told.
  • Bradysgirl214
    Bradysgirl214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 in the first month and 12 inches from my body
  • scottnc
    scottnc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Down 17.2 pounds.
    March 1 - march 31.

Start: 219.6
    Current: 202.4
    Goal: 190
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My first month, which was January, I lost nothing. And I worked out hard at the gym six days a week. It was so frustrating! But I didn't give up, and now I have lost five pounds, three months later, but the inches are really coming off. I don't know why the scale won't move, or at least it moves very slowly, but the measurements show a continuous success. Also, my body fat percentage started at 38.5 and is now 36.3. So my hard work is showing in other ways, including my jeans falling off me. I had to get new ones.

I really wish the scale would move, I don't know what i am doing wrong to keep it from going down, but my body is definitely changing. I can see results in other ways. So that keeps me going.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    from january 8 to february 4 i lost 10 pounds.
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    i lost 10.5 pounds!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't know my starting weight but after a few weeks we finally got a scale and a month after that I lost 7lbs.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    it just depends... I lost 40 pounds in 3 months. I really ate clean, watched my portions sizes, and keep it moving.
  • emilyfrappier
    Options
    It's been a month for me, and I lost about 5lbs, but this week I am a couple of pounds heavier. I haven't cheated on my diet and I've been doing cardio everyday and strength training 4 days a week. The scale is kinda bugging me right now. All I can really do is give it more time and not crack from my frustration XD
  • Sunshine_and_Puppies
    Options
    I will start by saying that I have a very atypical body so please don't hate me, but I lost 23 lbs this January (12 in the first week and probably mostly water weight). Now I'm holding pretty steady at about a 1-2 lb loss a week.
  • saucyitalian19
    saucyitalian19 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5 pounds, but I think its mostly water weight. I can't seem to shake my standard weight. I also don't trust my scale, and usually go around the house testing out all the scales and then take an average LOL.
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    25 lbs. my first 30 days...
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    I lost 15lbs in my first month, I started on March 1, 2012.
  • rquamme
    rquamme Posts: 5
    Options
    Remember that if the scale isn't moving but you're working hard at the gym that muscle weighs more than fat :) don't get discouraged if you're seeing results in other ways!
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    My first month, which was January, I lost nothing. And I worked out hard at the gym six days a week. It was so frustrating! But I didn't give up, and now I have lost five pounds, three months later, but the inches are really coming off. I don't know why the scale won't move, or at least it moves very slowly, but the measurements show a continuous success. Also, my body fat percentage started at 38.5 and is now 36.3. So my hard work is showing in other ways, including my jeans falling off me. I had to get new ones.

I really wish the scale would move, I don't know what i am doing wrong to keep it from going down, but my body is definitely changing. I can see results in other ways. So that keeps me going.

this it totally me too....its very frustrating when i hear of others dropping double digits each mth and i am putting forth just as much effort as they are, i have gone down in clothing and i can see positive changes in my body but that scale is still as annoying as hell when it wont hardly move. i have noticed tho that i dont tend to drop a little here and a little there, i will stagnate for a few weeks and then have a few days of the scale dropping more than a pound each day.
    my first weigh in was feb 16th (day i bought a scale) but i had been logging my calories for about 2 weeks before that so i could have dropped some weight in that time w/out being about to account for it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!