Replies

• Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    14#
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My first month, which was January, I lost nothing. And I worked out hard at the gym six days a week. It was so frustrating! But I didn't give up, and now I have lost five pounds, three months later, but the inches are really coming off. I don't know why the scale won't move, or at least it moves very slowly, but the measurements show a continuous success. Also, my body fat percentage started at 38.5 and is now 36.3. So my hard work is showing in other ways, including my jeans falling off me. I had to get new ones.

I really wish the scale would move, I don't know what i am doing wrong to keep it from going down, but my body is definitely changing. I can see results in other ways. So that keeps me going.

this it totally me too....its very frustrating when i hear of others dropping double digits each mth and i am putting forth just as much effort as they are, i have gone down in clothing and i can see positive changes in my body but that scale is still as annoying as hell when it wont hardly move. i have noticed tho that i dont tend to drop a little here and a little there, i will stagnate for a few weeks and then have a few days of the scale dropping more than a pound each day.
    my first weigh in was feb 16th (day i bought a scale) but i had been logging my calories for about 2 weeks before that so i could have dropped some weight in that time w/out being about to account for it :)

It's good to know there are others out there like me! I love the changes, like my butt is tighter and smaller, and my hubby loves it, haha! Sorry if TMI! But it's little things like that that make me want to keep going and not worry so much about the scale.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I lost 9lbs
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    22.2 pounds my first month.
  • hrcowman
    hrcowman Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    In the first month I lost 8lbs or so.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on Feb 28th. For the month of March, I lost 19lbs.

However, my starting weight was 217lbs, and I started April 1st at 198lbs. (I know, technically a little more than a month :tongue: ) I've been told when you're larger, you will lose more weight to start... water or something coming off lol.

But please don't gauge your progress based on everyone else's. We are all different. My good friend started this journey just before me, and has lost 2 lbs. We are all different, BUT we will all reach our goals with a little patience and alot of determination.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    18.4 lbs.
  • theonlysheesha
    theonlysheesha Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 9lbs in the first month.
  • csicarla
    csicarla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    11 lbs.
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs in the first month.
  • Alexandrea22
    Alexandrea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds my first month. I started at 189 :)
  • rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    9.5 although if that last stubborn half a pound goes away in the next two days it will be 10.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i started on the 20th of march. i've lost 5 lbs
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    i lost a little over 18lbs my first month :)
  • kvbushman
    kvbushman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds the first month. I started Feb 23 at 212 and March 22nd I was 197. I haven't lost any since, but I am still chugging away and hoping for a change soon. I want to lose 15 more by May 23rd. So my first mini goal is 182 for my bday!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    7 pounds since I began last month.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds my first month here - the second month was actually better for me, I think because I bought a HRM so I had a better read on what my actual burn was when working out! I was eating waaay too many exercise calories (silly me for believing MFP estimates!).
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    14 pounds (2,4,4,4)
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I believe I lost about 10 my first month? And now it's leveled off to about 8 lbs/month.

24+ lbs lost so far!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    5 lbs in the first week, 7 lbs in the first month. After the first week, it was pretty hard but I broke through the plateau.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!