Replies

• kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    5-6 days.
    I do weights MWF
    ROTC PT MWF
    Cardio on my own all other days.

I always take atleast one rest day during the week (usually tuesday) and sometimes take one on the weekend too (usually saturday). I just listen to my body - I can feel when I'm sore and exhausted and that's when I know that it's time to rest.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I am new to regular/consistent exercise, how many days a week do you work out? Do you plan your workouts ahead of time? How do you make sure you get variety? And how do you prevent burnout?

I want to make exercise a part of my lifestyle... I want to get toned and fit for life, not just to look good for summer.

Thanks!
  • mishelandre
    Options
    I work out 5-6 days a week. To get some variety, I alternate walking with Zumba, Just Dance 3, and will soon restart my weightlifting. Keeping a variety of different routines reduces boredom. And I have to plan them ahead, so I don't get "too busy" and forget altogether.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I do a 3-5 mile run every morning Mon-Saturday and I do my strength training (SL 5X5) Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Sorry did not add reply with the quote.
    I workout 6 days a week. 5 on gym equipment which our council installed at our local sports ground for us to use free of charge, so I am very blessed there. And I walk a lot on saturdays. I also have some gym equipment at home like an elipticle, stand up rower and stationary bike which were all given to me and I have hand held weights I use most days.