water fasting?

Options
Ive heard of some people water fasting.
i was just wondering if that would be a bad idea?
like some people gain weight back that theyve lost but some dont.
and wouldnt it be good to like, clean your body out? 0.o
lol

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Are you really asking? The "lol" at the end threw me off.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me..but fasting isn't for me..you need all of your food groups..maybe give up all processed stuff for a week and see if that helps :)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    OK! This has to be an April fools joke. :drinker:
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't do it since I'm well aware of the time limit one has to live when all they're consuming is water. As for the purifying/cleaning, you have organs that do that regardless, you just need to make sure you drink enough water to help.

I'm sure it's worked for some but the only time I plan to fast is if I'm having bloodwork that requires it or surgery.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Im not sure water fasting is a good idea because you dont get all of nutrients if any from that, and it probably wouldnt be very comfortable on ur belly, plus ur bloodsugar would probably drop pretty low which isnt good at all.

I was thinking about trying the watermelon diet..you eat mostly watermelon, but also other things..watermelon has tons of good propertys..and it also cleanses the body.
  • jessica00623
    Options

yes i was really asking, sorry "lol" is a habit, too much texting.
    haha
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do this personally, it would be setting me up for a binge I need my food now my body has gotten used to my eating schedule now.
    I don't think this water fast is a very good thing but hey that's just me.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Im not sure water fasting is a good idea because you dont get all of nutrients if any from that, and it probably wouldnt be very comfortable on ur belly, plus ur bloodsugar would probably drop pretty low which isnt good at all.

I was thinking about trying the watermelon diet..you eat mostly watermelon, but also other things..watermelon has tons of good propertys..and it also cleanses the body.

and i wouldnt really call it a diet because its only for a week plan...and your suppost to be able to lose something like 5 pounds in a week or something close to that.
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

yes i was really asking, sorry "lol" is a habit, too much texting.
    haha

was the "haha" like saying this really is a joke?
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I fasted for 12 hours last week for bloodwork and had a raging headache all day! I certainly wouldn't do it unless I have to!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I fasted for 12 hours last week for bloodwork and had a raging headache all day! I certainly wouldn't do it unless I have to!

did you take your pic during the fast?
  • jessica00623
    Options
    I wasent really thinking about doing it, i was just curious.
    i mean go to youtube and search "water fasting"
    Some people were nuts and did it for like 30 days :o
    I would think itd be unhealthy but some people think its actually
    good for your body.. i dont know.

oh amd some lady doing that lost 60 pounds and only gained 10 back
    and kept it off for a year :o
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options

did you take your pic during the fast?

No, but it is a really accurate depiction of how I felt!!
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Seriuosly? Are we back in high school where it's cool to starve ourselves? I eat anywhere between 1300 and 1700 calories a day and I'm losing pretty steadily every week. Fasting is NOT the answer. Go ahead and look for any and all posts in the forums about fasting and you'll think twice before posting such idiocrosies in the future. Weightloss is not some "quick fix" thing here. Now get off your computer/iPhone/iPod/iPad and go make yourself some dinner.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have done a water fast a while back. I did 7 days and lost about 6 kilos ( about 13 pounds). I am not advocating it though. I didn't really have any issues with anything, I was a bit tired but that was really all.
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    I have been on a clear liquid only diet since this morning and have 1 more day to go....and I AM MISERABLE.........I am doing it for surgery Tuesday morning and have to or I would have caved
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    No.

This ^

And, please, I need the world to know that overuse of "Lol" is a pet peeve of mine. Unless you're actually Laughing Out Loud, instead of "chuckling in an awkward, embarrassed way," please refrain.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options

I always have that problem when I fast. Hunger headaches aren't fun. When I had surgery last December I had to fast for it and not take my medication. I ended up with a headache, bruises all over my arm from them trying to put the IV in because my veins were collapsing from not having anything to drink, and I just about assaulted the nurse because she thought after 12 hours of nothing in my system I could produce urine for a quick pregnancy test. I ended up telling her something along the lines of the last time I got laid and if I had gotten pregnant from it I'd be in a delivery room, not there. I was grumpy for two days after even after I got to eat.