30 Day Shred

Options
Vans
Vans Posts: 388 Member
Hello!!

I am sending this msg to those who have the 30 day shred!!

I need an accountability partner! I seem to do it for 4 days on then 2 days off.....I feel like I should "re-start" but was wondering if anyone would like to join? Or start a 30 day session with me?!

I sure hope I hear some feedback from my MFP family :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: WATER:tongue:

Replies

• jagilmore
    jagilmore Posts: 21
    Options
    What's a 30 day shred??
  • Vans
    Options
    http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/dvd/Michaels-Jillian-Day-Shred/057373200117-item.html?s_campaign=goo-M-Michaels_Jillian_30_Day_Shred&s_kwcid=30 day shred|3074762042&gclid=CNzprNHM4JoCFQ3yDAod42RVBg&pticket=ndzamm55qlqtmt55b2pawmaroYYpBkuiHAA9V2wAtstQIlSiEbg%3d
  • Vans
    Options
    eeeek i hope that link works....sorry it is so long :smile:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'd love to join! I've had the DVD for awhile now but haven't started it yet. I need an accountability partner also so I can actually get the DVD started! hehe

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • rayshobes21
    Options
    I would love to join the group! I did the 30 day shred for a few weeks when I first got it but I have been lazy! I need some motivation!! I love the DVD's, after the second week I could tell a difference in my strength.:happy:
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I might be interested too! I just bought that DVD and Jillian's "No more Trouble Zones" That one seriously kicks my butt, but they're both awesome!
  • Vans
    Options
    hmm...random thought....if there are many people wanting to start....we should discuss a start date...and possibly check in days? :smile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    hey guys! :drinker:

we started a challenge and it is NOT too late to join! read this thread and get on it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/53228-30-day-shred-challenge-check-in-5-15
  • elva82
    elva82 Posts: 6
    Options
    :love:

it works!!!!

after losing the first 16 lbs

i was down to 135
    and I just want to get healthy and fit!

ive been doing the 30 day shred for about a week and half and have
    lost 4-5 lbs which is crazy!

it will totally kick your *kitten*
    you will cuss jillian out for the first couple of days

but you will love it and feel the difference in endurance and
    your body!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    How about June 1 through 30? That would be easy, hehe.
  • PinkShoes
    Options

That sounds like a good plan to me!
    Maybe we can do check-in on whatever day of the week we start - so if we start on Monday, our check-in can be the next Monday and so on?? What should we include in our check-in as far as progress goes? Progress on the DVD? Weight lost? Inches lost?

133914.png
  • hiddensecant
    Options

That sounds like a good plan to me!
    Maybe we can do check-in on whatever day of the week we start - so if we start on Monday, our check-in can be the next Monday and so on?? What should we include in our check-in as far as progress goes? Progress on the DVD? Weight lost? Inches lost?

Dunno, we can kinda just check in on the days we do it and set a personal goals. Hmm, inches .. I need a measuring tape, lol.

I'm planning on 4 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday).
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think I would like to join too!
    I sdon't know what the 30 day shred is but I will go and find out!
  • PinkShoes
    Options
    I think I would like to join too!
    I sdon't know what the 30 day shred is but I will go and find out!

30 Day Shred is a workout DVD from Jillian Michaels (one of the trainers from the Biggest Loser). I've heard it's hard but a really great workout with great results! She mixes strength training and cardio. You can find it in most stores like Target or Wal-Mart, but I ordered mine off of Amazon because the price was much better. You may be able to rent it from the library, netflix, or a video store too! :smile:

133914.png
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    If you have cable, it will be on the On Demand also .. at least the first level, maybe second too.
  • msroc
    msroc Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi...i am new too. But I will go out and get the 30 day shred dvd. Are you all starting on June 1 st ? that the correct starting date?:happy:
  • BrandiiNicolee
    Options
    Really?
    Where at?
  • Vans
    Options
    hahaha I totally talk to her when im having a hard time.....towards the end of workout 1 and she says "hold on" I told her " Ill SHOW YOU what to hold on to" hahahaha
  • Vans
    Options
    it was $9.99 at Wal mart....and the work out is usually 3 minutes of Cardio, 2 minutes of weights, 1 minute of abs...over and over for about 22 minutes

I dont want to join the group that already started because I think a JUN 1 start would be GREAT (even tho ive been doing it for a week....ill call it a "warm up" week lol)

as for check ins....I AGREE with MONDAYS......maybe to start the first monday have measurements...and then Measure again half way so MONDAY the 15th :smile: then maybe just our weight and how we are doing on every Monday???

What do you guys think about that?? I think we should think up of a "shredding" name for our group too :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Vans
    Options
    OH YES I also forgot to mention...I plan on only taking ONE day off a week because I think that is what Jillian recommends on the DVD!

DON'T FORGET YOUR WATER :drinker: