So...I'm bored: is this belly good enough for a piercing?

Options
13»

Replies

• hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I got mine pierced when I was a lot thinner and when I got bigger considered taking it out but when i look at it I figure as long as my stomach doesn't start to eat it I can still enjoy it and my boyfriend who is completely anti piercings thinks its cute too. So at the end of the day you will judge yourself more than anyone else will. If you think its ready then it is. If its going to make you feel like you are drawing attention to a part of your body that you don't like then hold of until you know you can enjoy having the piercing. Also thing about the recovery time on it. 6 months to fully heal. Crunches and stuff are not going to happen for the first month. Bending at the waist can irritate it. If it rejects you will get a nasty looking scar from it. Make sure you are fully informed.
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    Hmmm...I am not sure. Pull your shirt up higher for better judgement.

>.> troll
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Also thing about the recovery time on it. 6 months to fully heal. Crunches and stuff are not going to happen for the first month. Bending at the waist can irritate it. If it rejects you will get a nasty looking scar from it. Make sure you are fully informed.

Yeah, that's why I'm considering it now - I'm starting my 1st dan preparations in about July/August, so that will be about 4-6 months of persistent training and possibility of impact on the piercing.
    If I do it now, I might be able to switch it for a flexible one, or at least it'll be less sensitive - I'm not planning to get kicked in the belly, but then again no one ever does
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    you're stomach looks nice!
    I had my belly button pierced once but it grew out and so the only thing holding it in was a dried up piece of skin even though I did everything the leaflet said. Now there's a pinched-looking scar there :(
    I am still considering getting it redone with a bar made of sterling silver because I know I don't react to that.
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    I'd like to suggest not having a boyfriend while it's healing because he WILL hurt it while you're both sleeping
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    yes and get a sun tattoo around it!

I had mine peirced and bought one of the jewel body stickers and never used it. I wan to have my done again and use the body jem.
    It's a sun.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! You could absolutely pull off a belly ring.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I would say yes, you have some nice definition in your abs. It's obvious that you are keeping fit. So go for it!
  • salxtai
    Options
    I'd like to suggest not having a boyfriend while it's healing because he WILL hurt it while you're both sleeping

Fully single - so no problems in that department.
    My dogs are more of a danger, if anything! :laugh:
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    Also from someone who has gotten the piercing from an expensive but extremely reputable and clean place. Do not go to any place that doesn't have expensive jewelery and all individually packaged single use things. I watched many of my friends get the piercing and have it done wrong. And when I say expensive I mean internally laced and all the stuff that helps prevent infection. Not diamonds. I paid $65 for my jewelry plus the price of the piercing. I kept that first barbell in for 6 months. And when I did change it I put another expensive barbell in. I didn't put "cheap" barbells in for over a year. I never had an infection and the only time I ever irritated it was when I snagged the top ball with my loofah in the shower. OUCH! I'm also a dedicated stomach sleeper and the piercing never bothered me so that I couldn't sleep on it. I contribute all that good healing to the professional way I had it done because my body does not like to heal piercings very well.

TLDR: your body doesn't easily accept holes where there should not be holes. Do EVERYTHING you can to give it the best healing chance. You want to add something beautiful to your tummy not give it a scar.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Go for it!
  • salxtai
    Options
    Also from someone who has gotten the piercing from an expensive but extremely reputable and clean place. Do not go to any place that doesn't have expensive jewelery and all individually packaged single use things. I watched many of my friends get the piercing and have it done wrong. And when I say expensive I mean internally laced and all the stuff that helps prevent infection. Not diamonds. I paid $65 for my jewelry plus the price of the piercing. I kept that first barbell in for 6 months. And when I did change it I put another expensive barbell in. I didn't put "cheap" barbells in for over a year. I never had an infection and the only time I ever irritated it was when I snagged the top ball with my loofah in the shower. OUCH! I'm also a dedicated stomach sleeper and the piercing never bothered me so that I couldn't sleep on it. I contribute all that good healing to the professional way I had it done because my body does not like to heal piercings very well.

TLDR: your body doesn't easily accept holes where there should not be holes. Do EVERYTHING you can to give it the best healing chance. You want to add something beautiful to your tummy not give it a scar.

Thank you! Will keep that in mind :smile: