Low-Calorie Breakfast and Lunch ideas

Options
124»

Replies

• madeline4354
    Options
    Protein for breakfast- scrambled egg whites, or boiled eggs. Or overnight oats with greek yogurt. Occasionally I eat slices of low fat swiss cheese for breakfast.

Lunch- I made spinach/arugula salads with sunflower seeds, black beans, feta and balsamic vinaigrette or an oil/red wine vinegar mix. Morning Star veggie burgers. A big fuji apple. Sometimes greek yogurt. Sometimes a salad with mixed greens, blue cheese crumbles, craisins, and pumpkin seeds with raspberry vinegarette and an apple.
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keemja88
    keemja88 Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat fat free Greek yogurt, coffee w/sugar and powdered creamer, V-8 juice, 1 cup berries all for 217 calories. Egg beaters w/sauteed veggies in an Orowheat 100 calorie pocket thin is w/coffee is also under 200 calories. for lunch try 2 rice cakes w/tuna and 1 tsp light mayo and a tomato slice on top w/side salad also under 200 calories.
  • amibeachcomber
    Options
    Hi. I love to eat a spinach/egg white/ham pita with swiss cheese spread. I make it with 2 egg whites on the griddle, then I had a 1/2 slice (0.5 oz) of black forest ham on top and then I put the raw fresh spinach on top of that on the griddle. While I wait for the spinach to wilt a bit, I take a pita (Josephs oatmeal/ bran and fiber ones are great and only 60 calories ....Walmart) and I spread the laughing cow lite swiss cheese wedge on the pita. Put it all in the pita and enjoy with a cup of coffee. I love it and it's low calorie and low fat and high in fiber. Sometimes, I add sauteed onions and peppers and mushrooms (when I have time to make all that) Delicious. :tongue:
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I make egg muffins by filling a muffin tin half full with sauteed veggies (red pepper, onion, mushrooms, spinach etc). Then beat a dozen eggs and 1 tsp. baking powder and pour over top so each is about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Each is less than 100 calories. You can freeze them then thaw the night before and pop them in the microwave for a quick breakfast. I usually do two per meal with a piece of fruit...about 250-300 calories.

Another favorite is a frozen waffle (I use Vans gluten-free) with a Tbsp of peanut butter and a banana...310 calories.

Yummy!
  • Roseisrose3111
    Options
    not sure if any one has mentioned this to you ( have not read all the replies) but 1200 cals if you're also working out. You must eat cals to lose weight, otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and starts storing fat. You should raise your goal to 1400. your body will be happier.