"Treat" foods that are actually healthy?

Options
13»

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Fruit dipped in dark chocolate - for 200 calories you can have an entire orange in 1oz dark chocolate or about 8 strawberries in dark chocolate. Hello amazing!!

I've even done 4 strawberries dipped in dark chocolate and then rolled in crushed heath bar. Same thing - less than 200 calories!
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Grilled pineapple. YUM!
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm eating mine right now..a whole wheat pita with hummus, chicken and veggies! (Aka, a healthy falafel.) 400 cals for the entire lunch.

Maybe some day I'll see carrot sticks as a delicacy....until then, god bless the chick pea!

Anyone else have a food like this that tricks your brain?

Mmmmmmmm...dark chocolate come to mama. Well, it's a "treat" insofar as it's bread-y and creamy and not salad-ish. My brain feels indulgent when I eat it.

that doesn't sound like treat food to me.... I'm thinkin more along the lines of some dark chocolate covered raisins lol

Dark chocolate anything is treatfood to me!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt + Splenda + frozen blueberries
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    I'm eating mine right now..a whole wheat pita with hummus, chicken and veggies! (Aka, a healthy falafel.) 400 cals for the entire lunch.

Maybe some day I'll see carrot sticks as a delicacy....until then, god bless the chick pea!

that doesn't sound like treat food to me.... I'm thinkin more along the lines of some dark chocolate covered raisins lol

I find Melting a little dark chocolate and then dipping ripe strwberrias into it is just devine and can be eaten slowly and with complete yummy concentration! We all love that!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING from chocolatecoveredkatie.com - it's all soooo good!

But just cause it's healthy, doesn't mean it won't make me gain weight. (one thing i've learned from being a vegan). Although almost everything I eat these days tastes like a treat (my taste buds are happier when i eat plant-based!)

I just got an ice cream maker and have been making amazing low-cal vegan frozen desserts. Tonight it's either mint-chocolate chip or chocolate cherry love :love: . And I do the frozen banana icecream thing sometimes too- it's pretty amazing.

I'm a chocoholic, but I eat chocolate in the healthiest way I can imagine (usually using raw cacao + natural sweeteners).
  • SheilaEwing
    Options
    Love the WW fudge bars, Special K chocolate pretzel bars and a ice cold fruit smoothie with mixed berries 1/4 of a banana and non fat yogurt.
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    check it out later...........:drinker:
  • monharri
    monharri Posts: 78
    Options
    Love cherries or dried mango fruit. Wouldn't have been able to say that four months ago but things change!
  • sirpake
    sirpake Posts: 4
    Options
    Where is that recipes? I'd like to try it. Thanks.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates hummus? Blah. Maybe I have just not had good hummus. My go to snack is a whole wheat tortilla, warmed a bit, smeared with peanut butter and rolled up with a banana in it! YUM! My kiddo's love it too!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Here are some healthy treats I like:

* Homemade Fruit smoothies (I often add baby spinach, greek yogurt, and/or protein powder to these to turn them into a small meal or big snack)
    * Frozen grapes
    * A frozen banana blended in the food processor. Sometimes I also add add ins such as cinnamon, peanut butter, and cocoa powder.
    * Hummus with baby carrots and other cut up veggies or wheat thins.
    * A serving of nuts such as almonds, cashews, or peanuts (plain or flavored).
    * PB and banana sandwiches (going to try the tortilla one suggested by another person on this thread).
    * Greek yogurt (sometimes I add protein powder, kashi cereal, or cut up fresh fruit to this).
    * Small serving of good dark chocolate (I like the ones from trader joes, lindt, and ghiradelli the best)

I need to try some of these other ideas suggested. Thanks for the healthy snacks reminder.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    This is sort of weird but I freeze my light strawberry yogurt for a healthy yogurt treat that's like ice cream!

brb putting all my yogurts in the freezer

^haha

btw - does this taste like the frozen yogurt you can get from tcby and such? because i HATE regular yogurt but LOVE frozen! if it tastes the same.. i need to go shopping!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates hummus? Blah. Maybe I have just not had good hummus. My go to snack is a whole wheat tortilla, warmed a bit, smeared with peanut butter and rolled up with a banana in it! YUM! My kiddo's love it too!

i hate hummus too! i thought i was the only one ;) so gross. mushed up chickpeas? no thank you.

but i need to try this treat of yours because i love pb and bananas.. yum :)
  • kendra0224
    Options

I eat dark chocolate raisinets as well. lol I cannot trick my mind when it comes to this kind of thing! Plus, after I eat the raisinets I am usually pretty full and got my chocolate fix. :)
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    If one more person says dark chocolate....I'm going to eat some! Try and stop me! :laugh:
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt with pumpkin puree and pie spices mixed in, with just a touch of agave

OM NOM NOM