Zombie Apocalypse (9 week challenge)

Options
Need a little extra support and motivation? Want to have fun working out? No matter how much you have to lose, this challenge is for you!!!!

Babybluz33, and new captain Ingot81, are gearing up for the next challenge, and this time we will be TRAINING FOR THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!! :indifferent:

What is it? The Challenge will start on April 9th (NEXT WEEK!) and end on June 10th (9 weeks). This should help keep us motivated through the spring and hopefully in better shape for the summer! Each week we will rotate through different areas that will be useful when the world is overtaken by those mindless zombies: cardio, combat, agility, strength, and core/balance. In addition to exercises, we will track weight loss, and have a few additional fun challenges.

There will be two teams this time. We aren't going to be restricting the number of people who can join us*, if you are interested and want to commit to the challenge then you are in!!! Since there will likely be unequal teams, and as always some people may change their minds, we are going to base all scoring off of percentages. The team with the highest percentages wins that week and will acquire some useful reward!

If you are interested in joining us let us know!!! Just reply to this post and we will add you to the group here on MFP. Be patient, we will be sure to add everyone throughout the week! Rules and team assignments** to follow in a message board on the group page! :drinker:

*We will allow people to join through Sunday at 8 pm CT (April 8th). Teams will be announced after that time. If at some point during the challenge we feel it would be beneficial to open it up to new recruits we will post on this board again.

**If you were a part of the Superhero Challenge with us, you will be placed with the same team as before. If you are joining with a friend, let us know so we can place you on a team together!

Replies

• MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm in again!
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am very excited about this challenge. Zombie fascinate me and I am excited to train for a Zombie Apocalypse.
    Count me in!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Okie-I figured you'd be in! Welcome back!

zgolub-We're excited to have you!
  • Vacationista
    Vacationista Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about getting fit as part of my prep for the zombie apocalypse, yet. But now, it seems so obvious! Please count me in!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I would love to join- count me in please!!
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Depending on how it goes at the doctors tomorrow I'm in. I'll let you know how it goes and if I'll still be in.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try :)
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Vacationista- Don't forget Rule #1!

I've added both you and SmartWhatever to the group. Glad you can join us!
  • SlimStacey74
    SlimStacey74 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am in, just let me know what to do! :) Sounds like fun!!
  • TurtleTurtle1975
    Options
    This is a BRILLIANT idea! I am so in! I'm always worried about how I'll get food, water, heat and shelter when the Zombies take over - I've totally forgotten Fitness! :smile: This is so exciting! Count me in!
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    In like Flynn! :)
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun, I would like to join.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Been awhile since I did a challenge Im in :drinker:
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Could you please put Brandimacleod, SlimStacey74 and me on the same team? Brandi and I are in another group together and Stacey was one of my 1st MFP friends!
  • kelneth
    kelneth Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds like fun...count me in!
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i would like to join please!
  • Jazelita
    Jazelita Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm so excited to survive the zombie apocalypse! Daaah, this is too cool!
  • jmp33
    jmp33 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Depending on how it goes at the doctors tomorrow I'm in. I'll let you know how it goes and if I'll still be in.

Ok just post on here again if you have the all clear.