Replies

• amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT7 and I love it!
  • jody75
    jody75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR 60. Mine came with the monitor, the chest strap and a foot pod. I have also purchased the sensor for my bike but I haven't used it yet. I like it just fine. I'm intrigued by the ones that work with an iPhone or Android based phone since I use Runkeeper but I'm sticking with my Garmin for now.
  • lchovet
    lchovet Posts: 68
    Options
    BUMP
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60 and love it!!!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 and it was worth the 87 dollars I paid for it. I was really underestimating my workouts.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT4 recently and it was on sale at Big 5 sporting goods for $70 regular $90. I dig it!
  • candyrayne215
    candyrayne215 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am looking to purchase a heart rate monitor. (A first!) Not too outrageously expensive, but accurate. What kind do you have and do you like it?

i found this http://www.buy.com/prod/pyle-phrm30-advance-heart-rate-monitor-40-reading-s/221861200.html?listingId=-1

any one know anything about this brand? price is right up my ally..
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have a 'Pyle Sports PHRM38 Heart Rate Monitor Watch with 3D Walking/Running Sensor '- bought it from Amazon and it was about 30 bucks. It does the basic stuff... I got it so I would know how many calories I burned when I worked out. Didn't need it for any other reason so that is why I got the less expesive one.

I have this one too, it works great for what I need it for! I wanted a timer, calories burned and heart rate, and this does all that very well. And I got it for around $28. It's a really good basic HRM. Good for a beginner like me!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Like so many others, I have the Polar FT4. I purchased it from Amazon for $75. Having accurate calorie readings is such an eye-opener! The numbers on the elliptical are higher than what my HRM says... The bike stats are lower than my HRM... MFP is hugely exaggerated on some activities.

BEST INVESTMENT EVER! I hardly ever notice the chest strap either. It's adjustable and fits under your bra. It tells you if you're in the calorie burning zone which pushes me harder.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I also have the Polar ( mine is the F6 which they have upgraded) It was recommended by a trainer and I LOVE it. It is great
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Polar FT40. Paid about a $100 for it and it's been worth every cent. MFP seriously overestimated my calories burned.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I bought my Polar FT4 on Amazon for 70 about three weeks ago. I had it shipped overnight and paid extra to do that. My whole reason for buying this was I was paying attention to the members who are putting up big numbers and being successful. I want what they have, and I am willing to buy the right tools for the job!

I love it! I am so much more motivated to go to the gym with a goal of burning 500 calories. (I shared this idea with my doctor at my check up a couple weeks ago and she was very pleased.) It's nice to feel more in control of your results. I told my trainer boyfriend he needs to ask all his future clients to pick one up. I swear it helps you stay on track more.

I did do some research in the fitness aisle at Walmart after the fact for a friend. They have them for 29, 39, and 49 bucks. Each does a couple more things than the last. One idea is to buy this, use it once or twice, and return it if you hate it. You could go back, and invest in one the people on the thread are suggesting. Mine is pink and I love it! :) Do your research!

**MFP and the cardio machines were overestimating calorie burn. This is more accurate.