Saggy boobs :(

Options

Replies

• teatime4me
    Options
    My doctor said I would need a full breast lift, an anchor, I think she said. I was wondering what the recovery time was. How long did you have to stay away from exercise?

Thanks!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    As a few others have said, visit "Vicki" as in Victoria's Secret. My doctor (who is a real hoot) suggested it rather than a boob job. She was right. Much less expensive, no pain and it works!
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My two cents, gravity will eventually make you sag unless your a A cup. I am a 38D i was a 44F after my last baby. I wear really good bras, and try not to let them free too much. Actually I wear 2 bras most days but at the end of the day boobs were not designed to stand up for 40 yrs like a A/B cup.
  • mrsmangomum
    Options

I do most of these exercises. They strengthen my muscles, yes. But they are not going to replace the lost elasticity in my skin from having my boobs swell up from hormones and breastmilk and then shrink when said things diminish...repeatedly. Plus losing fat from my stomach and thighs means that I am also losing fat from my breasts.

But I am going to be the lone voice here and say that rather than putting myself through the pain and risks of surgery just to look as though my breasts haven't fed any babies or gotten any older, I'm going to believe that my breasts are still beautiful the way they are. I'm going to believe that the fact that they've caused five beautiful babies to grow healthy and strong make them even *more* beautiful. I'll do whatever I can to make them more esthetic--lingerie/bras/swimsuits that support and flatter them. But I am not going to have them mutilated to try to live up to some unrealstic and impossible standard of "beauty".
    Ladies, look at how many of us here are in the same boat. Our breasts are NORMAL. What is flaunted at us on tv and in magazines is not normal or realistic. Childbirth changes women's bodies. Women age. I just wish that enough of us would band together and bring back natural beauty. And get rid of the surgically-altered, photoshopped standard of "beauty". It hurts us, and it will hurt our daughters.
    OK, climbing off my soapbox now.

Totally agree! The only surgery I would have done is a reduction if they don't get smaller. I have back problems and I can not carry these around for the res of my life at this size. Nobody is going to see them but my hubby, and he knows what they've been through! He can deal with it!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This will sound really stupid to all of you that worry about sagginess, etc., and hubby's who are boob men....look at what God gave him and how it has changed since you met (not talking about a guy that balloons up or anything, just generally speaking). Do you love him any less than when you married? I doubt it!

Age affects us all, gravity affects us all. When you are nakey and engaged in the horizontal bop, if boobs are all he is thinking about, plaster pics on the wall of you, when they stood up firm and high, remind him that you have given him lovely children and let nature take it's course. I doubt that he (or you) will notice that they aren't as perky as before.

For times when you are not nakey, just buy good, well fitting bras, in a number of attractive colors and styles and if you need to entice him, show a little of what you have under there and he will be fine. There is so much more to a woman than what is under her shirt and I am sure your other attributes shine brightly!

Do NOT be ashamed of the lovely creature you are~~revel in your womanhood and he will be just as inspired (maybe more so) than he was when you were young and perky!!
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been unhappy with my breasts for a few years. I've been a 42DD for YEARS and gravity and bad bras has just taken its toll. Then I had a kid, and my already not pretty breasts became unprettier. I was thinking after my weight loss, just getting a lift (no implants.)

Girl, I'm right there with you. I want to look good and feel comfortable in my own skin. And when I finally have sex again, I don't want to be embarrassed to show them off.
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you when it comes to this. I have 2 kiddos and breast fed both. I am 27, all 5 drs that i went for a consultation too, told me that I had the worst grade pitosis.. (sag) and on the other side of that they are like by the way to lift and fill will cost you 10 grand. So everytime I went i hated myself even more. :(

I started saving.. and 6 months later finally got my wish. FULL PERKY LIFTED BOOBIES... I never thought I could achieve this... but I did so just keep your chin up... put money back and you can always have them fixed... you will not regret a moment of it or look back afterwards. :)
  • elsalily
    elsalily Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think a good idea too would be to use a breast firming lotion or oil during your weight loss. This is the crucial moment to use these I think, to prevent sagging. Because once the damage is done lotions can't really work miracles then unfortunately :(
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    Bump
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for replying...makes me feel a little better, except I haven't had kids and my boobs already look like they are going the "tennis ball in a sock" route....my bf doesn't think I need the boob job, but he doesn't understand. I don't want anything crazy, just to have some fullness and perkiness again. What's worse is that my mom is 59 and hers looks better than mine. Sigh.

I'm 26, without kids, and am dealing with it, too. I've only recently figured out how rough it looked after losing more weight in my chest and shoulders. I would like to aim for a lift, but there are so many other things I would like to spend my money on - like traveling. I just want to make sure you know you're not alone For now, I'm with everyone else in saying just work with what you've got and a good bra :wink:
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well said Bushidomama.

I also do not look like a Victoria's Secret model, but that surgery is very expensive. I think I would rather spend the money on my personal trainer and know that I can beat up anyone who says I don't look good enough as a normal, middle-aged woman!
  • BobbieLee1959
    Options
    This will sound really stupid to all of you that worry about sagginess, etc., and hubby's who are boob men....look at what God gave him and how it has changed since you met (not talking about a guy that balloons up or anything, just generally speaking). Do you love him any less than when you married? I doubt it!

Age affects us all, gravity affects us all. When you are nakey and engaged in the horizontal bop, if boobs are all he is thinking about, plaster pics on the wall of you, when they stood up firm and high, remind him that you have given him lovely children and let nature take it's course. I doubt that he (or you) will notice that they aren't as perky as before.

For times when you are not nakey, just buy good, well fitting bras, in a number of attractive colors and styles and if you need to entice him, show a little of what you have under there and he will be fine. There is so much more to a woman than what is under her shirt and I am sure your other attributes shine brightly!

Do NOT be ashamed of the lovely creature you are~~revel in your womanhood and he will be just as inspired (maybe more so) than he was when you were young and perky!!

By the way, I am 52, one child (14), and currently a 44C. I just bought new bras because looking in the mirror made me feel like Jabba the Hut, and my daughter noticed right away and her comment (though somewhat caustic, and I consider her age and the fact she has perky "girls") was, "Wow, mom, you look HUMAN again!" HUbby about came unglued and echoed her "WOW!", so for me, this was a great NSV and I am a happy camper!! YAY for supportive undergarments!!! LOL Beauty is in the eye of the boo-beholder!! :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    Options
    Well said Bushidomama.

I also do not look like a Victoria's Secret model, but that surgery is very expensive. I think I would rather spend the money on my personal trainer and know that I can beat up anyone who says I don't look good enough as a normal, middle-aged woman!

Love this CAT!! Beat 'em up!!! "DUDE, IF YOU SAY I HAVE SAGGY GIRLS ONE MORE TIME, IMMA SLAP YOU SILLY!! OH, too late, you are already there!!"

DARE I SAY THIS? Hang in there, ladies!! It's not all about the BOOB!
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    I think women need to realize that there is a HUGE difference between not having perky girls after children, into your 40's and beyond, etc... and not having them in your early twenties, when realistically they should be in their "prime."

This topic, along with the topic of stretch marks, always irritates me a bit. People generally chime in saying you earned them, not to worry, can't do anything about it, don't care what anyone else thinks, yadda yadda. But 99% of these comments come from women who actually HAVE "earned" them - and they're are totally right, they shouldn't be ashamed of them. They did a beautiful thing (ie childbirth) and they should be proud.

But guess what? It's not so nice to be the girl in her early twenties with sagging breasts or stretch marks. I'm also betting that many people who chime in and say not to worry were able to enjoy a youth with perky girls and blemish free skin. It's just not the same thing, and it's not unreasonable for young women to want to have a young woman's body.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think women need to realize that there is a HUGE difference between not having perky girls after children, into your 40's and beyond, etc... and not having them in your early twenties, when realistically they should be in their "prime."

This topic, along with the topic of stretch marks, always irritates me a bit. People generally chime in saying you earned them, not to worry, can't do anything about it, don't care what anyone else thinks, yadda yadda. But 99% of these comments come from women who actually HAVE "earned" them - and they're are totally right, they shouldn't be ashamed of them. They did a beautiful thing (ie childbirth) and they should be proud.

But guess what? It's not so nice to be the girl in her early twenties with sagging breasts or stretch marks. I'm also betting that many people who chime in and say not to worry were able to enjoy a youth with perky girls and blemish free skin. It's just not the same thing, and it's not unreasonable for young women to want to have a young woman's body.

Amen! And thanks!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options

i agree, if you dont like something you shouldn't feel bad for taking steps to change it. I am a mother and i wasnt happy with my body after baby, so i did something about it. But i ALSO think that nobody judges our bodies as much as we do. so i wouldnt worry that other people are looking at you and thinking "saggy boobs, strecth marks, etc".
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Boobs sag from lack of attention. I'm willing to come over for a few hours a day to help you keep them perky.

You are a perv, and do not belong in this thread, get out and don't come back.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I think a good idea too would be to use a breast firming lotion or oil during your weight loss. This is the crucial moment to use these I think, to prevent sagging. Because once the damage is done lotions can't really work miracles then unfortunately :(
    saggy boobs are due to breast tissue breaking down. i dont think any topical cream or work out is going to help that.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have always said as soon as I hit 30 I am going to get a lift. Well, now I'm headed for 35 and still can't afford it, lol, but will get one the minute I can.

Push up bras are super fantastic and make the girls look awesome clothed - Lane Bryant has good ones for larger cups - but they don't help one the bra comes off. I want the girls to look good nekkid, not just clothed. :(
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

I see your point. But as a RN, I've also seen plenty of unclothed women of all ages--young and childless to grandmothers. It is very common and normal for young women to have stretch marks--they often come from rapid body changes and weight gain at puberty. It is common and normal for young women to have cellulite--your increased estrogen levels is what causes fat to look that way. And young women's breasts come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Some are flat. Some are perky. Some are more round, some are more cone-shaped. Most are asymmetrical to some degree. But once you start getting to a C cup and above, it is unusual for them to still be perky! Some sagging, even among young childless women, is NORMAL. It becomes more pronounced as you age and have children. You could sink thousands of dollars into breast surgery in your 20s, but you'll have to do it again (I've seen pictures--OMG! I'll take what I have over sagging implants, thanks!)
    As a young woman, I hated my stretch marks, my cellulite, and my saggy C-cup breasts. I strived for an unrealistic expectation that I would never reach. My unrealistic expectations did not come from the other women around me.
    As an older woman, I've grown wise and spotted the BS in the messages we are constantly given. Everytime you see an image in the media, you are being sold something--what are you being sold? Who is transmitting these messages? Why do they want you to buy into this message? Who is profitting from them? And do you really want to feed it?