Ran my first half marathon!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• stajken
    stajken Posts: 18
    Options
    We ran it in 2:47...just under 3. Very slow but our goal was just to finish. Good luck to you!! Keep us posted!
  • stajken
    Options
    You CAN do it! Look at your amazing weight loss!! We started with running (slowly) for 2 mins and walking for 2 mins. I remember when we got to running for 4 mins and walking for 1 min I thought I would die! Every step is a step closer. Keep it up!
  • stajken
    Options
    On Sunday, my boyfriend and I ran our first half marathon and even though we were getting impatient towards the end of the training, now that we did it, we're already planning our next one for October. The really cool thing is that neither one of us are natural runners and though we are both really slow, we were committed to the process and determined to finish and we did!! Just goes to show that so much of this fitness process is mental.

Good luck to all who are feeling challenged or discouraged. Keep it up! You CAN do it!!

WEHOOOO more motivation for me!! I just started training for my first 5k but I will be training into the fall I am sure. But like you I am so not a runner. I don’t care how I cross that finish line if I am crawling, walking, or running I am going to finish one way or another one can even roll me. But I am going to do it. Thanks again for the great inspiration.

We started with a early last November. I ran until I couldn't then walked until I caught my breath then ran more. Ended up running almost all of it and finished running. You'll do it! Pace yourself slow at first and you'll have a blast--5k races are so fun because there is a lot of excitement and a wide array of fitness levels. You'll feel so great afterwards!
  • stajken
    Options
    Congratulations on running your first HM!! I'm running one on June 2 and am nowhere near prepared! I can't find the time to practice with a 41/2 month old, school, and I'm about to move in less than a month! How did you train? Does anyone have suggestions for training at home? I can't run in the neighborhood and she's not quite big enough for a jogger...

It must be really challenging to get training time with a little punkin. Do you have a treadmill? If so, you can do some running in sets (20 minutes here and there)...try to think of it as getting cumulative miles on your legs and that will increase your ability all together as you get closer. Also, doing high impact aerobics with videos can be helpful as well. I did cross training 2 days a wk with Jillian Michaels' Shred and doing high impact aerobics and that helped. Good luck!!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yay, congratulations on finishing your first 1/2 marathon!!! :flowerforyou: My first one is coming up at the end of May!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!