Pizza

Options
If a regular slice of pizza is roughly 250 calories, can someone explain to me, why when reading other's post it seems to be the forbidden treat?...
Really curious so please someone respond...

Replies

• mslynne25
    mslynne25 Posts: 10
    Options
    bump... pizza is my weekness =(
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    because most of us go and eat whole pizza
    and that is 2000 kcals!

I don't think pizza is bad
    cheese good, veggies good, meat good, add thin crust and you have high protein lovely meal
    now if I knew how to stop after 2 slices :D
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It may have to do more with the nutrition quality that pizza provides is not really conducive to healthy lifestyle. I have one cheat meal a week, so I use it on foods like pizza...
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am not sure. Maybe for some people it's something they have a hard time sticking to portion sizes on? Or maybe they don't want the carbs?
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my kryptonite. Like the old Lays Potato Chip commercials, I just can't eat one slice. Almost any food in the moderation, and in the right proportion is okay.
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love pizza!! We grill pizza all the time and use thin or whole wheat crusts to make it a little healthier, plus add lots of veggies!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza weekly... I think that if you're on a 1200 calorie a day diet, eating two slices of pizza takes up half your calories. I can see why it's forbidden for some.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    because most of us go and eat whole pizza
    and that is 2000 kcals!

I don't think pizza is bad
    cheese good, veggies good, meat good, add thin crust and you have high protein lovely meal
    now if I knew how to stop after 2 slices :D

^^^ This! I can usually eat more then 2 slices too and that's when it gets BAD!!!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's bad, just too many carbs for me. I do have regular ooey gooey pizza around once a month. Otherwise I make pizza using a low carb tortilla.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It may have to do more with the nutrition quality that pizza provides is not really conducive to healthy lifestyle. I have one cheat meal a week, so I use it on foods like pizza...

Says WHO?
    Veggies are not bad
    Carbs are not bad
    Tomato sauce - a veggie - not bad
    Cheese - not bad

Most people will eat ALL of these things - so why is the PIZZA forbidden? All it amounts to is a change in the packaging.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I eat pizza regularly.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I make healthy home made pizze...tons of yummy recipes out there!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I make my own using a crusty bread mix for the base, then roll it out thin (hate deep pan pizza anyways), mine come to 560 cals with 3oz grated mozarella, tuna, onion, anchovies and prawns...and home made tom sauce,

yummy

martyxx
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Two things..."regular" can mean a lot of things and many of the pizzeria pizzas are larger than "regular" particularly if you're a Chicago style pizza fan. Most importantly, the comparative nutritional value is really low.

A good alternative is to make one at home using the pre-made crust with lots of veggies and just a couple of tablespoons of really good cheese.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I believe that all yummy things are okay in moderation...my problem is that even with a frozen pizza one tiny slice is about 250-400 calories depending on toppings (and I love meat lovers). To make an adequate meal I usually need 2-3 slices plus a salad. 3 slices could end up being 1000 calories and that just isn't okay!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love pizza. I still eat it, often making my own. Now that I think about it, I believe thats what supper will be tonight :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    There are SHOCKING amounts of pizza in my food diary! It didn't seem to hinder my weight loss at all. :-)
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I think everyone agrees, its not the pizza, its the portions that cause the problems! Oh, and potentially high sodium content (cheese, meat, sauce & crust)
  • ahni77
    ahni77 Posts: 75
    Options
    pizza is my weakness. I've been eating a slice or three every day since Saturday night.. But I've been keeping up with my 60 minutes of exercise so I don't feel too guilty :)
  • KristyJoy123
    KristyJoy123 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I guess because it's tough to just eat one slice of pizza. I make homemade pizza with a whole-grain crust and tons of veggies. I get two big slices and eat a salad with it, and it's not bad. Even if we order pizza, I try to stick with one or two slices and just add a salad. It's not bad, it's just hard to stick with just once slice. And if you add pepperoni and sausage, extra cheese, thick crust, it really adds up.