• springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    ~1995 George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars

Tear the roof off the sucka!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    First concert was with my parents to see a "comedy" pop group called the Barron Knights.

First as a teenager going out on my own was Blur.

I have seen many others since, favourites have been Alice Cooper, The Adicts, The Cramps, The Damned, MDC and Pulp.
  • skinyminniedisney
    Options
    I haven't been to one yet but it will ether me Taylor Swift Or Demi Lovato or Jonas Brothers! (LOL) IMMA GEEK.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Ok yes I'm old...lol It was Ted Nugent, Bob Seger, and Foghat outdoors at a place called Boogie Hill out in the sticks in Ohio. I was 16 back in 73'
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    First concert- New Kids on the Block opening for Tiffany at Lake Compounce, CT. I remember my parents sitting on the lawn while I danced to the music. I had a great time. Oh, I was only 9-10 years old at the time.

Last concert- Chris Carrabba (Dashboard Confessional) at Toad's Place, December 2010, in New Haven, CT. Want to see him again!
  • Mygypsysoul
    Mygypsysoul Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    B.B. King.. I think I was 14. He played a small show on Vancouver Island and I went with my Dad. It was pure awesome!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The Spice Girls. Lol

Edited to add: My dad took me and my friend. He still says how he was in heaven because of all the "hot moms" that were there. Haha
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My first concert was Mana. LOL
  • ShmiSkywalker
    ShmiSkywalker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm going to date myself here but it was Nazareth in 1980.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith Pump Tour

They sang Dream on as the encore

:drinker:
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The Beach Boys at Cal Expo Amphitheater, probably in the early 1980s, in my early 20s. My sis-in-law took me and my husband.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    lol, I got mine at the Woodhaven Mall...which I dont think exists anymore.

It does, more like a strip mall now...
  • Kubiastic
    Kubiastic Posts: 20
    Options
    1995 Tool Bronco Bowl in Dallas, Texas

I must however mention:
    1998 Garth Brooks at the Fort Worth Convention center. I camped out in front of Blockbuster Music for tickets.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    TWISTED SISTER at the Ipswich Gaumont

i the that group they where the first heavey metal band i litened to because my older brother did like them so he gave me the tape.

but first concert was alice cooper with opening act great white i think. it was the poison tour and it was in edmonton alberta canada
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I should add that the first concert I went to of my own volition was Yes in 1984(ish) at the Spectrum in Philadelphia (90210 tour).
  • ckes84
    ckes84 Posts: 52
    Options
    1983 Blue Oyster Cult Mid Hudson Civic Center Poughkeepsie - thanks to my Big Brother who recently passed away. Thanks for a great memory! :smile:
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    1988. AC/DC. My mom took me when I was 3. Obviously, I don't remember it, but I know where I got my rock and roll roots from!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    BB King with Janis Joplin as the opening act.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Def Leppard.

I know, I'm not old enough for it to be that. But I am so glad I don't have to say it was the Spice Girls or The Backstreet Boys. I thank my dad for that. My second concert was Godsmack & Bush. I was way more excited for that one.
  • stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    lol, me too in Jax., Fl though with the beasties.