Addicted to the Scale...

Options

Replies

• cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Weighing myself every day would drive me nuts. I think it would be too discouraging. I weigh myself every Monday morning.
  • jsalas979
    Options
    What if you put the scale in a place where you had to get a step-ladder to get it down each time you had to use it? Think that would help? I've been there and every single time I walked into my bathroom to weigh myself I would force myself to walk out because it became an obsession. Now it just sits there. I get upset when I do weigh myself now so I don't do it anymore. I'm new at this so I plan on scheduling weekly weigh-ins every Monday morning.
  • darcie81
    darcie81 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i do it as well, every morning!!
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    i dont agree with not owning a scale, you can really lose track of your weight.

for a while i wasn't weighing myself and when i finally did i was so shocked as i gained weight.
    now i weigh pretty much everyday or every second
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a FAVOR and put the scale away. It will drive you NUTS. Just be happy with the way your clothes fit. Weigh yourself every other week if that.
  • pinky55089
    pinky55089 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also addicted to the scale and I don' t care what they say about it, if I gain it helps to get back on track. When I see it go up I know I have to stay on track or else, I have lost about 20 lbs and there is no way I am gaining it back it is too hard to get it off. I still have along way to go. So I will be weighing my self everyday and that is what helps stay on track.
  • Lory2528
    Lory2528 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every friday morning and not daily because weight tends to flunctate during the day which would be too much trying to keep track.
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    I wish I was addicted.
  • kf5597
    kf5597 Posts: 2
    Options
    Dont get to discouraged by weighing yourself, especially being a girl, i work at a gym and the majority of the women trainers who work here and have amazing bodies all weigh around 150 -160 pounds. Everyone has to remember when your dieting and working out you are gaining muscle.. muscle weighs more then fat. The scale is just another number once you start enforcing that u maybe wont want to weigh yourself as much but take your measurements more.
  • tharrington82
    tharrington82 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself every day....NOW. I have been losing weight for 15 months and now it's important for me to make sure I'm still on track. In the beginning...absolutley not! Once a week maybe twice, you will see the biggest change and be more encouraged to continue!!! Good luck!
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning like clockwork and have for years. It is just a tool, nothing more, nothing less. If it works for you then don't stop even if everyone thinks you're addictive or obsessing. If you find that a gain results in bad behavior, well, then it might be worth putting it away each week.
  • j3nnal3igh13
    Options
    I have the same problem, I weigh myself every morning! I can't help it, it's just like something I feel like I have to do!

Yep. Took the words right out of my mouth. And, I am also very sick and weigh myself before I go to bed, just to have a guess at what the scale will read in the morning. Very bad habit I can't seem to break.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Im a Scale *kitten* lol!! SUX!! Probley Y the numbers won't go down.. my husband actually had to hide the scale from me.. I try to weigh myself once a week now.
  • popstargriffin
    Options
    I agree:)
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is why u should not weigh yourself daily, my weight has changed 4 times this week until i weighed myself at the same time as i do every week

It gives false readings
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    I weigh myself more than 1 time a day. why stop, it works for me.
  • Carvsh
    Carvsh Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm addicted too! I was weighing every morning. I wouldn't weigh right out of the shower because I knew that my hair would be wet and weigh more .. ... hahahaha
    So I tried to stop - and guess what? I walked by someone's cube at work and saw they had a scale right there on the floor in plain site.... I GOT ON IT!

ACK!!
  • manymes
    manymes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how it affects you. It keeps me motivated especially since I can't exercise right now (surgery). Had time to go through years of pictures...all my sizes over the years...mostly overweight. So I am making better choices and not beating myself up if I'm not perfect. I've lost weight since starting even without exercising...looking forward to when I can. Love and be kind to yourself.
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    The Bob Harper book that I read suggested that you do weigh yourself every morning. I put my scale away for 2 weeks, gained 3 pounds. I am back at weighing in every day, which can be frustrating, but keeps me in line.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    <
    guilty as charged :laugh: