Replies

• Nickrp77
    Nickrp77 Posts: 5
    Options
    Nice job man, keep it up brother!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    With your mixture of coconut oil, peanut butter and honey you are keeping your metabolism going. If you eat every 3 hours you will find that your body is ready to go all the time. From the time you wake up until dinner, just eat in between meals. You might want to have an apple and peanut butter, or celery and peanut butter to switch it up. I also have cucumber and blue berries or strawberries.

It depends on the protein counts that I have for my main meals. Just keep on doing what you are doing. These are pure ideas when you are looking to reduce the calories on the snacks but still maintain them.

Good luck and GREAT WORK!!!
  • tubbs_nomore
    Options
    Wait what?! 46 pounds in 4 weeks?! Is that safe? Watch out for your gallbladder!! You only have 1! What did your doctor say?

Glad I wasn't the only one shocked @ this number....that cant be safe.
  • casp123
    casp123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep going. Remember that old joke how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. I know I have to remember that I didn't put this weight on overnight I am not going to take it off overnight.
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I put coconut oil in my oatmeal and it is really good :o)
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    I throw coconut oil in my tea as a bit of a sweetener. But to the point- Congratulations on making a change for the better!!!
  • lford3125
    Options
    good for you. Keep up the good work. Little steps add up. I'm sure it didn't go on over night, so be patient w/ it coming off.
    Bravo.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Did the OP state that they are now down to 1200 calories a day? At that weight, is that healthy? I have always read and been told that the more weight we carry, the more calories we need to sustain our bodies (the higher the BMR).

Please make sure you are taking care of yourself. Wanting to loose weight is one thing, but getting healthy and maintaining your health should be a priority as well.
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    keep up the great work u will be really happy when you see the end results
  • ctprofessional
    ctprofessional Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Don't get discouraged when your weight loss slows down, the smaller you get the slower it will come off.
    Make sure to consult a Dr along the way to make sure you are staying healthy!!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes 46lb is a lot for only 4 weeks. I had a very fast weight loss 30kg in a month or two and I had gallbladder problems after that, needed an operation to remove gallbladder.

Well done on your achievement though! But please, take care
  • butterflync105
    butterflync105 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very impressive!
  • ctprofessional
    ctprofessional Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    46 pounds would be alot for someone over 200 pounds, but when your over 400, it might not be bad for a start!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That's an AMAZING loss in just 4 weeks! Way to go!
  • carolx914
    carolx914 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    congratulations!

46lbs might be too much but the bigger you are the faster it comes off especially if you have completely turned your eating habits around.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    46 pounds would be alot for someone over 200 pounds, but when your over 400, it might not be bad for a start!

Precisely. I'm sure that based on the information we have heard this person is keeping the metabolism going. That's the key. Losing 3lbs a week as a person under 200 lbs is easy if you eat right and keep all your nutrition going properly.

It is about the types of food you eat and how often. it can be done and in a healthy manner.

Way to go!!! Keep up the good work
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    In my opinion~

46 pounds is too much in 4 weeks. You will knock your gallbladder out. There are very specific reasons to lose slowly. Nobody at that weight should be on a 1200 calorie diet. You can hurt your organs and cause many problems.

If I was to guess 2200-2300 calories might be your lowest you should be at.
  • 11wildcat
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas for boosting metabolism? I have lost 36 pounds in about 5 months doing Zumba and WW. But, I have been at a plateau for almost 3 months now...going up only a pound and staying there....would really appreciate anyone's advice....I am 56 so the metabolism is slow anyway, but, I know I can lose the weight, as I've already dropped a great deal.....I want to lose 30 more...I started out at 196, and am so happy.....any suggestions would be great...a nurse friend told me to try hgc?????
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!