Chocolate cravings-daily

Options
13»

Replies

• rkcwustl
    rkcwustl Posts: 1
    Options
    I have two suggestions: One is to eat really dark chocolate, even baker's chocolate, which satisfies for me the chocolate craving without the sugar. Another is to make a snack of cottage cheese (1/2 cup) and chocolate protein powder (equivalent of 15-20 g protein)
  • nanapapaof5
    nanapapaof5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    PB2 Chocolate. 2 Tablespoons 45 calories.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I copied this off a recipe I saved from another girl. :I found this recipe online at http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/ but modified it to be sugar free for me (and it is flourless). I combined the two serving recipe to make a wopping one serving chocolate cake that is only 92 calories! I am posting the recipe below. You can do a search under food and enter 20 second mug cake and get the full nutritional information.
    • 1 egg – beaten- 70 calories
    • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. Fat free milk- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. cocoa powder- 10 calories
    • 2 tablespoons sugar free Splenda- 0 calories
    • 1/4 tsp. baking powder- 0 calories
    1. Add the Splenda and cocoa powder to a small bowl. Add the fat free milk, egg and vanilla and whisk until there are no lumps. Sprinkle the baking powder on top and quickly mix together.
    2. Split the batter between the two mugs and firmly tap the mugs on a towel-lined countertop to release any large air bubbles. Microwave one cake at a time.
    3. Since you don’t want to start and stop the microwave a bunch of times, set it for about 40 seconds, and closely watch the cake. It’s done when the cake rises about half-way up to sides of the mug (about 20 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave). The difference between a tender fluffy cake draped in velvety chocolate sauce and a chewy hockey puck is a few seconds, so you'll need to experiment to see what works best for your microwave.
    You can also spread with peanut butter (1 tbsp.) for only 80 calories more. I added some expresso powder (1/4 tsp.) to mine and it was yummy!!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I understand! I buy one chocolate bar (the big kind) for me and my husband each week at the grocery store. Trader joe's has some amazing organic no added sugar chocolate (I like dark, he likes milk) and that is our chocolate for the week. I can have one little square a day or save it up and indulge but if I eat it all within 2 days I'm out of luck for the week. Basically it's personal chocolate self restraint. :laugh:
  • pcastillon
    pcastillon Posts: 13
    Options
    I buy the ghiradelli chocolate squares and just eat one a day.

Yes!! Me too.

The rule for me is: RESPECT THE CHOCOLATE. It's a wonderful thing, but it's dangerous as it's packed with calories (as you well know).

It shouldn't be about the amount, it's about the pleasure of it... Smell it; feel it; taste it. Slowly. Give it a chance and you'll find that a small piece of good chocolate goes a VERY long way...

Enjoy!
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Oooohhhhh yes! xD lol I can't live w/o it so here's my must haves on the grocery list:

So delicious Chocolate Coconut milk: Does NOT taste like coconut, DOES taste like the most awesome chocolatey hot cocoa marshmallow milk ever, and is only 100 calories (for a full cup not 1/2 like regular choco milk) 5 grams of fat, and 10 grams of sugar (compared to 25 + grams in regular choco milk) This stuff is my addiction now lol.

So delicious Minis: They also have awesome ice cream sandwiches that are only 100 calories each, they do taste like coconut but that makes them even better! :D

Dove Dark Chocolate: 1-2 pieces a day doesn't kill anything on your calorie total. ;D

Fiber Plus Antioxidants: The Chocolate chip one seriously tastes just like a candy bar (the commercial doesn't lie for once lol) plus it has a whole bunch of fiber and vitamins etc. Downside, they're not called fart bars for nothing. xD

Nabisco Snack Wells mint fudge shortbread petites: Not sure if you like the mint-choco combo but if you do like me, holy moly these are the bomb! 100 cals per pack, 5 grams of fat, and 8 grams of sugar. Remember girls scout thin mint cookies?? Yeah, these are like 1 bazillion times yummier! :D

Kashi TLC dark chocolate oatmeal cookies: Just tried them yesterday and they're super yummy, the only downside to them is their size (pretty small) 1 cookie is a serving which is 130 cals, 5g fat, 8g sugar, BUT they're also super filling so I didn't really need another anyway. :)

Others that are good but I don't buy as often are pudding (never got me the fix I needed lol) skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, edy's slow churn ice cream (love the chocolate one but the cookie dough/ mint chip/ choc chip/ cookies n cream, etc are all really good too, harsher on the cals and sugar but nothing drastic enough to kill your day.

I hope this helps some from one chocoholic to another! :D

For as long as I can remember, I have had chocolate every day. Even when sticking to my cals, I have factored at least a fun size bar into my day.

There was one particular day last week (which I was too ashamed to log) where I had 2 yorkie bars, a Milky bar and a pack of munchies...:embarassed:

My chocolate cravings are getting out of control. Any other chocolate lovers out there found any alternatives?????

Ps: I haven't had any chocolate for 3 days, I think I am going to go insane
  • pfarley68
    pfarley68 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fudgecicles work for me.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I still have some easter chocolate (longest it's ever lasted for me)

Cadbury Creme Eggs are 150 cals

Other than that, I have PC Extra Rich Hot Chocolate

I also like Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes if your day can fit it (280 cals - ice cream, 1/2 a cup of milk and some peanut butter)
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump