Warrior Dash - 5k with obstacles and mud!

Options
124»

Replies

• CamiVanSlim
    Options
    Aug. 18 in Johnson Creek, WI. I think the heat will be a challenge, as I prefer to run in cooler weather, or in an air-conditioned gym :)
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just did our first one this past weekend and it was awesome... Our wave was muddy b/c it was literally thunder storming which made it more fun...

IMO the obstacles weren't that bad.. Lots up upper body strength type stuff, but even if you don't have a lot of upper body strength I think you'll be fine.. I'd advise working on running... There's not a lot of a obstacles which means you'll be doing lots of running in between...

Eat a decent breakfast (not heavy, just something for fuel) before, I didn’t' and paid for it at the end of the race....

Have fun!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same one as well! For the most part it looks okay .. the elevation in Edgewood and upper body courses will be my challenge.

As far as tips go.. not so much. :( I've just been working on building up endurance and stamina!

GL!!
  • cecejoy
    cecejoy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Chicago in June....

My advice for the running is to try running on the sand at a beach...
    it kinda feels like running in mud.
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm doing the one in North Bend WA July 21. It's the first one for me, my brother does them back East all the time. I've talked my husband and some friends into doing it too for the accountability (and the fun). I am the least likely person to want to get muddy and jump over fire, so I felt like I HAD to do it as part of my total lifestyle change!
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    May 19, Maryland. Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

What? I'm running an obstacle course with fire!? Like I'm not gonna draw comparisons....

^^^ This is awesome. I think I'll wear my District 12 T-shirt and a tutu.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Really wanted to but I can't afford it this year. :(
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I am! Thompson, CT! :) Really excited!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    May 19, Maryland. Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

What? I'm running an obstacle course with fire!? Like I'm not gonna draw comparisons....

^^^ This is awesome. I think I'll wear my District 12 T-shirt and a tutu.

<---- You mean this one? :wink:
  • ghiagirl893
    ghiagirl893 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For some reason the one in NM is on some of the flattest ground available! It seems like there will only be 1 with mud, and it is at the very end. We are quite dry and the weather will be fine. So exciting!