How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I would like to know how often it is good to weigh yourself?

If anybody wants to add me please go ahead. I could do with more people to lose weight with :)

Replies

• jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Lot's of people tell me not to but I weigh everyday.
  • jennifer0309
    Options
    I've been doing it once a week, but when i know i've been good all week by the 4th day i want to get on the scales and see haha. I'm inpatient to wait.
  • heatgal976
    heatgal976 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Currently, I do once a week at the same time.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Daily, in the morning after I've gone wee.
  • laughingirl71
    laughingirl71 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    daily. I also view it as just a number, not a reason to celbrate or panic.
  • Jennchel
    Jennchel Posts: 16
    Options
    Every morning. I'd be too scared to wait a whole week and not see any results... better to know ahead of time.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Daily, in the morning when I first wake up. I track it using the Weight Bot app on my Iphone. I love seeing the progress from day to day and week to week.

I know it is suggested to do it only once a week, but daily works for me.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    daily
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    daily but i got discouraged this morning so I'm getting my boyfriend to hide my scales till friday! I have a goal to hit by friday and the way the scales are looking i'm not going to get there so i'm hiding the scales so i don't get discouraged from it!
  • EmmaRoberts82
    Options
    Hi I always weigh myself daily, the thing is though it can become a habit and not necessarily a good one!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Daily. But I have to remind it's normal for weight to fluctuate. I can drop 3 pounds one day and put 1-2 pounds on the very next day, doing absolutely nothing different. As long as the graph shows a downward trend over a couple of weeks or months, I'm happy. I have tried to not weight myself or only weight once a week, but then I just sit there and wonder how I'm doing. Slightly obsessive I guess.
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Tsk Tsk Tsk i see alot of people do it daily it kinda is a bad habit but i always recomend to my friends and family not to do it daily because when i would do it daily i would lose 1-2 pounds and gain 2-3 pounds the next and i would get discouraged, so I weight myself on thurs and then again on monday so i even if i lost one pound i would be satisfied because i weigh less that last time, also if you do it daily it starts to become an obsession

4176827.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Daily. Every morning as soon as I wake up. I know the scale will fluctuate from day to day, and weighing daily keeps me on track so I don't get tempted to gorge myself on anything.
  • mochomito
    mochomito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    whenever i feel like i'm doing some progress - about every 10 days or so - i don't want to look at the scale and see it go up- would prefer to see it go down or stay the same is fine as long as i don't gain.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Friday morning when I wake up, on an empty stomach.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Before and after taking a dump - just as a source of pride. Eating A LOT of food makes for impressive bowls full :glasses:

Otherwise I am on a 3 month hiatus from looking at my weight. I am enjoying lots of food and lots of energy to work out hard. If I paid attention to my weight and not my strength gains/measurements it would derail my plan.
  • iLinduh
    iLinduh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I can't help it, I jump outta bed and hop on the scale. =P

I take measurements and photos weekly.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Before and after taking a dump - just as a source of pride. Eating A LOT of food makes for impressive bowls full :glasses:

Otherwise I am on a 3 month hiatus from looking at my weight. I am enjoying lots of food and lots of energy to work out hard. If I paid attention to my weight and not my strength gains/measurements it would derail my plan.

I love it when a woman isn't afraid to speak her mind!
  • sameervasta
    Options
    For the first 70lbs, I weighed myself every morning. For the next 20lbs, weekly. Now, because I'm building muscle and actually gaining weight (but losing body fat percentage!) only once a month.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    NEVER NEVER Go by my clothes and they are fitter better every day. (size 8)