How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday right before I shower.........but I only document about once a week.
  • SLippi
    SLippi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning (unless I forget or am not home). But I always use my scale to keep it consistent. I like to see trends develop. I noticed every morning after a serious weight training workout I gain 3 pounds. Doesn't unmotivate me, the weight goes back down over the next few days. I like to see things like that as I'm trying to figure out the whole eating right/working out stuff. It's a learning experience and the more data you have the more you learn IMO. Most people recommend once/week on the same day though so you don't see the fluctuations.
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    daily in the morning after i wake up and before i go to bed, i like to be aware of whats going on with my body and how certain meals work for me (certain foods i find hard to digest and end up slugish and bloated
    dont laugh to i actualy realised i was having tummy problems by my weight fluctuations even though i was eating less calories and exercise i gained 6lb one week.so i went on to a hight fibre diet for 3 days
    punkin seeds for breakfasr, allbran for lunch brown bread and beans for dinner and prunes for snack flushed out with lots of water.
    i lost 8lbs in 3 days and got my body working right again since then my weight loss has jumped started again..................for me weighing twice a day makes more in tune with whats going on
  • lcsmith1022
    Options
    once a week.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    multiple times a day. Just because I think it is fun to see the crazy weight fluctuations xD
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Once a month or even less. I do have a torrid love affair with my measuring tape.
  • MAponte73
    MAponte73 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily; every morning. It helps keep me in line and on track. If I pigged out and saw the weight gain the next morning, I consider it a lesson not to pig out again.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I weight myself once a week for fear the scale number is moving in the wrong direction.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Daily. I'm a data geek and love seeing the numbers and how different food affects the fluctuation.

For all of those that weigh weekly to avoid daily fluctuations. Weight still fluctuates, whether you weight daily, weekly or whatever. And it's not going to become an obsession just because you weigh daily.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Anything more is moot and pointless. Every Sunday morning, I'm in my boxers and I weight myself after I go to the bathroom and drink no fluids. I keep it consistent so that way I have an accurate way to measure weight change.

Also, lol @ weighing yourself everyday. People do so much mental gymnastics to complicate the simplicity of weight loss.
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning! I would go crazy to weigh every day!
  • tyoung4
    tyoung4 Posts: 30
    Options
    Every Saturday morning same time!
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday!

As long as you understand your weight fluctuates and what your weight shows on the scale isn't necessarily your real weight then there is no emotional high's and lows.

Having said that.... the scale said i gained a pound this morning!!!!! *Grabs a bag of dorritos and cry's*
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily; every morning. It helps keep me in line and on track. If I pigged out and saw the weight gain the next morning, I consider it a lesson not to pig out again.

This. ^^ I do like to see the fluctuations, and it doesn't bother me to see the scale go down a pound one day and up a pound the next, so long as the overall result is down. I'm currently bouncing around between 143.5 and 142.5. I'm anxiously awaiting a solid 142!! I only record weight loss, and only whole numbers. I don't like to have half pounds floating around in my weight chart....don't ask me why, I don't know. I have tried to stay off the scales for a week or so...the number never changed. I do measure myself on occasion, and I do go by how my clothes feel. I just NEED to see that number, even when it says 'bad' and my clothes say 'good', I need to see it.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday!

As long as you understand your weight fluctuates and what your weight shows on the scale isn't necessarily your real weight then there is no emotional high's and lows.

Having said that.... the scale said i gained a pound this morning!!!!! *Grabs a bag of dorritos and cry's*

:laugh:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself in January. Or maybe it was February? I might get back on the scale around the end of May.
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I don't stress out about it. When you step on a scale you have to keep in mind that there are no quick fixes and (cliche incoming) you are on a journey. I only record my weight on the site once a month. My thought is, I'm going to fluctuate every day, regardless of what I'm doing, so it's better to have a longer timeframe to compare to.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I typically do it twice a week, on Monday and Friday
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    I weigh on the 2nd day of each month.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    3 times a month on the morning after my rest day. I skip the week where I'm bloated and gain 2-5 lbs of water weight to avoid depressing myself.