a little defeated

Options
2»

Replies

• UFCGirl1988
    UFCGirl1988 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but think of yourself as a roll of paper towels and each single sheet is a pound. In the beginning the roll is big and if you remove 1 paper towel, yes it does get smaller but not noticeably smaller. But, the more you remove the smaller the roll gets and the smaller it gets, the easier it gets to notice when another paper towel is removed. The last few pounds can make a HUGE difference!
    Please see my before and afters...only a 15 lb difference.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247123-15lbs-down-w-embarrassing-underwear-shots-eek

Wow there is a noticeable difference, and you look great by the way!
  • AMIS456
    AMIS456 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would say the main thing is the size differences between stores - I feel that most cuts at AE are more for Juniors styled clothes therefore shorter and tighter in areas. But keep up with the 30DS it will help tone your thighs up! The more you do the better! I also found in last month's "Fitness' magazine an article about how and why our legs tone differently. It has an exercise routine with exercises that were most effective to help you lose inches in your thighs. I did them and only did 5 reps the first day since I run and did not want to not be able to move and I was sore for days so I would say they are great for firming up and trimming down the legs! Just keep at it is the most important thing! You WILL get there!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Dont feel down on yourself, Ive lost 41 lbs in the past year and have only gone from a size 14 to a size 12 some 10s fit some are to tight .. each brand is diffent. I personally thing that those last 15-20lbs will get you to a size 8 even in AE... the last pounds is where it seems to add up and 20lbs doesnt sound like a lot compared to where you started but it is alot of weight.. hang in there.. I feel you I just want to be in a single digit size! Ive got 29lbs to go till my goal and im hoping once i budge those off that the size will follow.. keep your chin up your doing great!!

BTW Im 5/7 and currently weigh in at 169 in a size 12/10
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". At my thinnest, when I was around 115-120 in high school, I wore a size 8. There is no way I'm going to be the weight I was in high school, nor would I want to - I was too thin. Now, I also have more curves than I did when I was that young. If I want to get smaller than a 10 when I reach goal weight I'm thinking I'm going to have to do some *serious* strength training. But, the size doesn't matter so much to me. What's important is that I like the way I look and am at a healthy weight medically speaking, the size really doesn't matter to me. So maybe get to your goal weight and reassess. Maybe you'll be quite happy with how you look and if so, who cares what clothing size you are?
  • UFCGirl1988
    UFCGirl1988 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing! Thanks for the advice and support :)
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but think of yourself as a roll of paper towels and each single sheet is a pound. In the beginning the roll is big and if you remove 1 paper towel, yes it does get smaller but not noticeably smaller. But, the more you remove the smaller the roll gets and the smaller it gets, the easier it gets to notice when another paper towel is removed. The last few pounds can make a HUGE difference!
    Please see my before and afters...only a 15 lb difference.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247123-15lbs-down-w-embarrassing-underwear-shots-eek

Wow there is a noticeable difference, and you look great by the way!
    Thank you! Try not to get too discouraged....those last few pounds are the hardest to lose but they make a huge difference!