Foods that got tossed- when you got SERIOUS!!

Options
All,
What are some of the foods that you tossed when you got really serious about getting a healthy diet?
here's a few that I loved and thought were helping me, but now they're outta here:

Trader Joe's 100 cal oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
100 cal cheez-it snack bags
90 cal fudge brownies
90 cal rice krispy treats
subway sandwiches
TJ's greek pomegranate yogurt
white rice
popcorn

some of these might be okay- but I found they don't work for me when I'm trying to show some decreases on the scale

Replies

• geri1geraldinesuzanne
    geri1geraldinesuzanne Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    if i'd lived alone i would have tossed much more..... so i really tried hard to ignore what was and still is there!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't giving up anything but sugar in my coffee I switched to Splenda, other then that I eat everything in moderation. Like last week I wanted a banana Royale form Basin Robbins I worked out burned about 1500 calories that day and got my banana Royale! LOL
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    if i'd lived alone i would have tossed much more..... so i really tried hard to ignore what was and still is there!
    QFT. It's not easy when the rest of the household eats crap :(
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    White bread
    Chocolate
    Soda
    Pizza

and Alcohol.

Chocolate was the hardest one
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Since I have 2 small kids, I can't throw anything out, the only thing I've given up well not completely gave it up, I limit my sugars. I'll have a small snack size snickers or small size twix to satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Salad.

I can remember so clearly, the moment I grasped the concept of dosage and context. It was a moment of life changing enlightenment.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    chicken wings, and those snackables...i can't justify it anymore.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I don't give up anything, I just adjusted the portions I eat. For example, I still eat pizza, I just switched to thin crust loaded with more veggies and I eat less pieces than I used to eat. I still eat girl scout cookies once or twice I week, I just eat a small portion of them as a dessert. I found that if I cut something out completely, I start to crave it. So moderation has been key.
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Any 100 calorie pack type foods, frozen meals, granola that was high in sugar, prepackaged flavored rices and pastas. Pretty much almost everything that was a prepackaged/processed food wound up out the door. Surprisingly, I don't miss it! I love cooking fresh. It takes more time but it's worth it!

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I don't give up anything, I just adjusted the portions I eat. For example, I still eat pizza, I just switched to thin crust loaded with more veggies and I eat less pieces than I used to eat. I still eat girl scout cookies once or twice I week, I just eat a small portion of them as a dessert. I found that if I cut something out completely, I start to crave it. So moderation has been key.

same way here.

But I have gradually changed from white bread and rice to wheat and whole grain foods. Kids don't fuss about it anymore
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Booze and Pasta
  • candiceanderson84
    candiceanderson84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree...I haven't given up too much of anything but red meat and that's because of health reasons...I really dont want to cut out things because I dont consider myself to be on a diet so I feel that everything is okay as long as you dont over indulge.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have a family so I did not toss any foods, but when they were gone, we did not replace them. That said, I will share foods that I no longer purchase or eat when offered (people at my work love to bring in goodies)>

This list includes:

Pop
    Chips
    Candy
    Baked goods (cookies, brownies and the like)
    Cheese (in excess)

A second list of foods that find their way into my meals almost daily:
    Lettuce
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Cucumbers
    Mandarin Oranges
    Fish (all varieties)
    Eggs
    Slimwich whole wheat bread
    Lean Meats
    Olive Oil
    Tomatoes
    Cabbage
    Carrots
    Newton Crisps (apple and berry)
    Apples
    Bananas
    1% milk
    Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal
    Almonds
    Sunflower Seeds
    Pecans
    Peanut Butter
    Smucker's Low Sugar Strawberry Jam
    Yoplait Light Yogurt
    Greek Yogurt
    Onions
    Green Peppers
    Red,Orange and Yellow Peppers
    Lean Turkey...

And the list continues to grow!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I tossed anything, just switched up what I ate on a regular basis. I cut back on added sugars and I am trying buy foods that "remember" where they came from. I still eat McDonald's once in a while (with a 5 and 1 year old you can't help it), I have switched from doughy pizza convered in meat, to thin crust piled with veggies, I eat healthier snacks, and I use MFP to budget my day. If I know I am going to eat out for dinner, I budget my breakfast and lunch to compensate. I guess the other big change is if I am eating out, I try to use MFP to spot the calorie landmines (like 1400 calorie salads!)
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    Pre-packed foods!!!
    sugar
    sodium

It truly makes a huge difference. I thought I was eating healthy but the sodium and other crap that is put into the pre-packed foods is bad. Also, eating out is seldom. My household has had to adjust too. They will benefit from it.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    I haven't "tossed" anything! But I do have some collecting dust right now.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Processed foods & soda
  • aprilkazmi
    Options
    Fried foods, cut back on pasta, just try not to eat out:wink:
  • aprilkazmi
    Options
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Eating out DEFINITELY kills the mojo. Though I still do it now and then. :)