Strange foods your pet likes

Options

Replies

• juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My cat loves avocados. We had (emphasis on "had") a mesh bag of them lying around, and he jumped up onto our kitchen table and started biting them! We can't leave bell peppers out either!! :o
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Our mini dachshund loves peppers. He totally freaks when I chop them.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My dog, Louie, he is a beagle...love tofu.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My cat goes crazy over vegie chips lol:laugh:
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My cat will eat pretty much anything. She loves french fries, yogurt, garlic bread, peas, plastic (I know - I have to keep plastic away from her), crackers, etc... Anytime we have something new she begs for it until she can get a piece
  • Miniaturegirl
    Options
    My cat eats chips, egg yolks, un cooked pasta noodles and stuff like that O__O
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    My cat one time gobbled up whole Mini-Wheat that fell on the floor like it was chicken. It didn't even have milk in it! So weird, I laughed so much.
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    My bird likes turkey and dressing
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    Dog-
    plumbers putty
    books
    anything wooden
    cell phone
    400 raisins (cost me $1000)
    paper towels
    "treats" from the cat box

Oh they love the putty!!
    Unconditional love...priceless....
    My golden also ate an entire bottle of Remadyl cost her a nice long stay in emergency vet clinic for 3 days and 2 nights!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My kitty (now deceased...:cry: ) used to like coffee and plants. She would eat real plants yes, but she would also chow down on all of our fake plants while we were asleep. Once, we put the plant on top of the fridge overnight, and by the next morning she had still managed to eat it. She used to drink coffee with her paw (dunk the paw into the mug, then lick it clean). Of course she wasn't ALLOWED to do this, but as soon as we turned our back she would be into it. Her twin sister (also deceased :cry: ) would eat anything. Once she ran off into the basement carrying a sealed loaf of bread. LOL
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My dog will pretty much eat anything (Yorkie) but she LOVE Cheez-its.. she will literally tear the box open to get to them. She also loves potato chips.. if I drop one fixing my lunch I dont even have time to look down before I hear crunching at my feet.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    All of my dogs love carrots and celery (I put them in their Kongs). They also like toast (I share my toast on the weekends), eggs, dried yams, chips, and anything that tastes like cheese.

Ashley my Staffordshire mix loves, loves, LOVES bananas. The other two dogs....not so much.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My cat is always trying to lap up my glass of Crystal Light!! I have to put my glass away or he'll go to town on it. And he wraps his arms around the glass to get a better grip and tilit it toward him, haha!! I just don't think the chemicals are good for him :(
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Had a cat as a kid that LOVED broccoli, would eat it over meat if presented with both. He also liked Cheetos and pickles.

If I had known that those things were horrible for a cat I probably wouldn't have given them to him, but it was pretty funny at the time.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Rocks, dirt, sand, rabbit poop, dog poop, flowers, stolen sticks of butter, shedded furballs, used kleenex, envelopes with crinkly windows... They are gross. It's a good thing they're cute and crack me up! And it's amazing they haven't had a blockage needing surgery yet (I do try to keep them from eating bad things, they are just lightning fast)
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my dog will eat anything i throw at her. green beans, carrots, ice berg lettuce, tomatoes, burnt toast, raw potatoes, cottage cheese, the butter dish fell on the floor once and she couldnt get enough of that.. she will snuffle around the floor picking up crumbs.. she's like a goat .. i did throw her an olive once and she mouthed it then spit it out... first thing i've every seen her not eat..
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    my dog will eat mushrooms. No other dog I have ever known would taste them at all. She's a weird little monkey :)
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My first cat LOVED mayo! :)
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    my dog will eat anything he thinks Im eating. I was eating one day and dropped my napkin and he scarfed it up like candy!
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    my cat likes salami (but only 1 brand from the deli called Dilusso, any other brand and he won't eat it)....he's special