Snacks without much fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Nonfat Greek yogurt with frozen berries and maybe some honey.
    Yum, sounds good:D Thanks!
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    A big giant bag of Lay's Potato Chips! Just kidding.

I like Sabra hummus. 6 grams of fat per 2 tbsp serving (really quite a lot, to my way of thinking--I could even have seconds!). Spread on some low-fat delivery device like veggies or low-fat crackers or such. Of course, I've been know to scoop it out of the container with my index finger. My index finger is very low fat. 'Cause, I don't eat the whole thing.

Seriously, though, there are some great choices suggested here. Good luck!
    You're funny lol :D There are some great suggestions here. I'm definitely gonna to come back to this page when I need to have some low-fat foods, and even just to have a snack lol. Thanks for the hummus idea! I love it, but haven't had it in ages.
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    I just bought some Cracker Jack at Costco. It only has 2 g of fat for a box. It is a good snack especially if you are craving sweet & salty. Too bad the prizes stink in the box and you are lucky to get two peanuts in a whole box though. LOL.
    Lol! Never had Cracker Jacks before, but I do want to try them :D
  • betholiver
    Options
    bump
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    lately my favorite snack is 1/4 c of mixed nuts with 1/3 cup craisins... not low in fat because of the nuts but a great snack when you need to add some calories in...about 300 calories and super tasty :)
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    fat free cottage cheese
    chobani fat free yogurt
    corn flakes with skim milk
    fruit/veges
    dehydrated fruit
    that's all i got right now. i'll edit if i think of more
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    kale chips, there's a recipe on the hungry girl website. but really really easy to customize. take some kale (I prefer baby kale but it works with any dark leafy green), spritz lightly with oil spray (whatever you prefer, I'm using coconut spray oil right now), sprinkle with any seasoning you like (bbq is awesome, curry powder, tex-mex, black pepper, tiny bit of sea salt, etc), broil for 4-6 minutes (watch closely they burn fast but are still yummy). voila! naturally low-fat, low-calorie, high fiber, and crispy yummy.

OMG< sooo good. I am totally buying kale next time I'm at the store.
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump