Couch to 5k?

Options
2»

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Who else is doing this? How are you doing with it? Does it work? I'm going to do day 3 tomorrow.. Hopefully I do better on day 3 than I did on day 2. Couldn't keep my breath for the last 2 intervals do had to walk em. Should I do the day over if I can't keep up with the whole workout? I like the idea of it, I just wonder if I can do it!!

If you had to walk the last 2 intervals, you could always count that day as day 2, and then when you can complete the day, that would be day 3 and you could start a new week on the next session... :flowerforyou:
  • Ginny_Hami
    Options
    :smile: Starting tonight.....
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I did the c25k from the beginner triathlete website, it's a little different than the other, and I like it, it gives you times for running & walking up to 30 minutes, and you can do it any way you want as long as you do the times given...it has worked for me, and now I'm up to running 21 minutes, which I never thought I'd be able to do, and I'm having fun & feel great...
  • mandimuscles
    mandimuscles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I did this last year and when I was getting closer to the end I kept saying "there is no way I will be able to keep running without stopping." A good friend gave me the best advice "Just keep going, you will break through your wall." I did just that and I have been running without stopping ever since.

"Unless you faint, puke, or die, just keep going"- Jillian Michaels

I like this post! Great job!
  • mandimuscles
    mandimuscles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Who else is doing this? How are you doing with it? Does it work? I'm going to do day 3 tomorrow.. Hopefully I do better on day 3 than I did on day 2. Couldn't keep my breath for the last 2 intervals do had to walk em. Should I do the day over if I can't keep up with the whole workout? I like the idea of it, I just wonder if I can do it!!

Oh, I meant to tell you Woman. When I breathe, I have to breathe in for so many steps and out for so many steps. It depends on where I am in the workout for how many steps it is, in the beginning they are longer, on the hard parts it gets shorter. But it keeps my breathing in line BIG TIME! You're doing AMAZING!!!
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    w6d3~love it!! i cant belive i ran 20mins today!!!! its an awesome program. Good luck on you journey!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It works, it's great! Finished it and am now on to Bridge to 10K!!!
  • micheles234
    micheles234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    so good to hear all of the positive feedback! just did week one day two today, and I can't imagine myself running 3.1 miles straight, but I'll keep up with it til I can't go anymore. the funny thing is, after the first day of it I was searching for 5 k runs in my area 9 weeks from now! not sure if my form and breathing is right. I hope nobody is critiquing me as they drive by! I run on a gravely towpath that surrounds a park a few blocks from my house.
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Thanks every one for the great feedback :) controlling breathing really helps!! Made it thru pretty much everything yesterday. Pumped to go again Friday!! :)
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I uploaded the C25K app to my phone several weeks ago but got lazy and never started. I signed up yesterday for my first 5K at the end of May so I better start training. Love all the tips on breathing. That's one of my biggest problems with running. Good luck to everyone doing the program!