Help! I have to eat 1800 calories today to NET 1200 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've found I've got more energy to do my lifting and cardio when I eat at least half of my exercise cals back. I'm set for 1400, so it's not necessary for me to eat all mine back to net 1200, but I do try to net 1200 each day. If I miss it by up to 50 cals, I call that close enough, cos sometimes, I'm actually over.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Eat them back...1200 calories is too low anyways.
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this...so if I my net calories consumed/ day is suppose to be 1640 and I burn 600 by exercising, does that mean I need to eat 2200 calories?

yep, it sure does.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    a really simple way is to sprinkle ground flaxseed/ linseed on your breakfast cereal, mix it in with your shakes, sprinkle onto salads etc. That stuff is seriously high calorie but good for you as well as high protein :flowerforyou:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I try to make that little green number at the bottom as close to zero as I can. Works for me. I even upped my calories a couple weeks ago to 1760 before exercise (from 1540) because I changed my goal to lose 1/2 pound instead of 1 pound a week. Still losing :)
  • cstakes02
    cstakes02 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your input. I will plan better and invest in nuts & peanut butter. :wink: I just purchased a HRM & learned I was burning way more than I thought in this class. I am going to eat those calories & see how it goes.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this...so if I my net calories consumed/ day is suppose to be 1640 and I burn 600 by exercising, does that mean I need to eat 2200 calories?

Yes
  • lynne172
    lynne172 Posts: 11
    Options
    Holy crap!!! so being in the negative isn't a bad thing?
  • Plump2Pump
    Plump2Pump Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This forum is all kinds of awesome lol. I haven't lost any weight these past 2 weeks and it's probably because I haven't been eating back my calories. I was originally on a 1200 cal plan AND was working out so my net was well below 1200.

Yesterday, I upped my caloric intake and today I struggled to get to net 1200. Whatever Im eating is making me gassy and bloated so I don't really feel too excited about eating. Wow, never ever thought I'd ever say that lol.
  • Kristy161089
    Options
    I was skeptical about this at first too but I've taken a leap of faith and have tried to net at least 1200. I have heaps more energy and I feel alot better. Try to eat back some of those 600cals but do it the healthy way. I've been adding in good fats not sugary snacks! You won't regret it. Try some avocado on crackers and some nuts with yoghurt.
  • chubberlang
    Options
    I'm really nervous about eating back my exercise calories. I'm supposed to net 1200 each day and I burned 609 calories today. I've been reading that eating back your burned calories helps weight loss. Any success stories from this? thanks!
    I agree that it is hard to eat back calories, especially if you are not hungry and are geared for weight loss. Mentally it just doesn't seem right. I think that most people find themselves with an end of day deficit. And don't like the idea of making up 500+ calories. The key is to fuel up during the day when you know that you will be excercising and plan in advance. Do this with small healthy snacks that will increase your intake rather than at the end of the day or in one it. Hope this helps.