Asparagus?

Options
zombie_meg
zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
I bought a bundle of asparagus today just thinking about this delicious asparagus I had at Landry's a few months ago. I know that whatever they did to it was probably terrible for me. It was salty and had a white sauce over it. Does anyone know some tasty and healthy things to do with it?

Thank you!

Replies

• leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like to toss asparagus in a little olive oil and saute in a pan with some minced garlic and hit it with a little lemon juice at the end. Also, wrap some aluminium foil around the asparagus with some minced garlic and olive oil and put on the grill for 5-10 minutes. Yummy!

Beware the "asparagus pee" the next day. :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I like to steam it then sprinkle just a little lemon pepper seasoning over it.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Cooked normally, then place a runny poached egg on top!! slurp
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like to put a bit of olive oil in a ziploc baggie with some salt and pepper then add the asparagus. I roll it all around so it gets coated, then bake it in the oven on a cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes! Delicious! :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

He's not kidding...it really does make your pee smell funny!
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe for roasted asparagus. Another way of making such a delicious side dish!

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roasted_asparagus/
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I steam mine in the microwave and eat them plain. Delicious!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I put mine on a cookie sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil, sprinkle a little salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese on it. Bake for about 6-10 minutes. It's excellent. :smile:
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love it so much I just eat it steamed but roasted is also good and as a kid we had it on toast with a cheese sauce.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I like to toss asparagus in a little olive oil and saute in a pan with some minced garlic and hit it with a little lemon juice at the end. Also, wrap some aluminium foil around the asparagus with some minced garlic and olive oil and put on the grill for 5-10 minutes. Yummy!

^^ Exactly what I do with it! I love it pan-seared with EVOO and minced garlic. Sometimes I will mix in some carrots, zucchini, red onions, or any other vegetable I have available.

You can also lightly toss it in olive oil/garlic, throw it in a baking dish and toss in the oven for about 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
  • bratgrrl
    bratgrrl Posts: 30
    Options

He's not kidding...it really does make your pee smell funny!
    I will third this sentiment!

I shake mine in a bag with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and then roast it under the broiler.
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Grilled asparagus with just a little bit of butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Delicious!
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    this is a whole meal, but i had it the other day and a pal asked for the recipe and here it is...
    almond crusted chicken with sweet potatoes and asparagus on the side

We left it in oven way longer than the recipe recommends, especially the chicken. We took out the asparagus & potatoes at about 20 min & the chicken was in oven until fully cooked (no pink) for 30 min
    We also used whole grain Dijon mustard so we didn't need salt & pepper. Although, the taste was a bit entoxicating at times lol (but still very delicious). Enjoy! ;)
    Oh, & we used .75 of a cup of almonds, not .5

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/almond-crusted-chicken-sweet-potatoes-and-asparagus?hs317=billboard_4
  • ejanderson
    Options

we do one of ^these^ things for practically every meal. Experiment with the seasonings/spices you use. We always use either minced garlic or garlic salt plus another spice or two.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I too am just about some olive oil and a lil sea sat. I usually just create pouches made of foil and add a bit of water. This will steam them and keep all the nutrients unlike boiling it in water. I also like that it's super easy and I can just walk away.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Olive oil + parmesan
    DONE.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe for roasted asparagus. Another way of making such a delicious side dish!

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roasted_asparagus/
    thanks for this recipie,tomorrows dinner with steak...:smile:
  • kayhatlen
    kayhatlen Posts: 46
    Options
    Place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with Greek seasoning blend. Roast in a 400° oven for 6-10 min. Before serving squirt on a little lemon juice from fresh cut lemon wedge. Super yummy! :smile:
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like to steam it then sprinkle just a little lemon pepper seasoning over it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is good! One of my favorite ways to have asparagus. Yum!
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I totally love it ...I agree steaming it is the best...I dip it in lite mayo ....

4526527.png[/url]