Does a Man always want to Smash when . . .

Options
ShoeDeahva
ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
Does a Man always want to Smash when he pays a Woman a compliment? I told Hubby that I was called Beautiful by a Colleague and he immediately asked me : Who wants to F%*@ you? I personally can appreciate a Good Looking Man without lusting over him.

Inquiring minds want to know . . .

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    No, if I told my fiance that someone called me beautiful he wouldn't act like that. Maybe your husband has jealousy issues? My fiance would just say he agree's, he wouldn't get all hostile or bent out of shape..
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    As a man, I can say no definitively for myself. But that may be true for some.

Assuming that all men want to get with a girl just because a compliment is paid is a little bit paranoid IMHO.

side note, ugh, did you just use the term smash? That's very Jersey Shore of you :tongue:
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My husband would joke around about it, but he wouldn't give a crap. My sister's husband, however, is even threatened by my cousin-in-law who is 10 years her junior...

Edit: Thank you, above poster, for clarifying the origins of 'smash'. Hahaha
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    No - I will tell someone they are looking good and it doesn't relate to me trying to 'smash' them, as it was so eloquently put lol

I have a friend who is pretty much like a sister to me, and I'd seen a picture she was posted in on fb where she looked really good so next time I saw her I told her she was looking hot in the pic. Pretty sure she didn't take it any way other than I meant it.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    As a man, I can say no definitively for myself. But that may be true for some.

Assuming that all men want to get with a girl just because a compliment is paid is a little bit paranoid IMHO.

side note, ugh, did you just use the term smash? That's very Jersey Shore of you :tongue:

Lol...it's actually Smush!! Haha

All seriousness that does sound like some jealousy issues on your husbands part...
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Of course the guy wants to "Smash it" But your man shouldn't get all crazy, unless you act on it :drinker:

All of the ladies I work with look like Lee Haney...So I have no issues at my office ;)
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My hubby only flys off the handle if he hears that anyone treated me badly... I think he'd just agree if I said I'd received a compliment... Our meeting was through a difficult time though so any potential trust issues had to be resolved immediately. As a result, we've been lucky to never have any insecurity between us.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Its the other way around. If you give a guy a compliment then he thinks you want to 'smash' him lol
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Its the other way around. If you give a guy a compliment then he thinks you want to 'smash' him lol

That's so true. I've also found that if you try to catch up with someone you haven't seen in years you want to 'smash' him.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

Not true, if a girl compliments me I'll take it as a compliment, nothing more. Unless she is making it clear that it means something more!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My husband would just ignore me. But, you have my sympathy for the way your's is treating you.
  • rattler0812
    rattler0812 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I compliment my girl friends on Facebook all the time. Sometimes I will even compliment them again in person. To me, it helps them feel reassured about how they look and boosts the self-esteem a bit more. Does my wife get jealous about it? No. We've been happily married for12 years. Some issues existed in the very beginning. But, now, we poke fun at each other all the time. "Hey, honey, I am going out with so-and-so to have dinner, okay?" And this so-and-so happens to be very beautiful and married. Meanwhile, the response I get is: "Okay. Just make sure your come home TO ME." Giggles follow as I sit my butt down to work with my kids on projects or catch some kid TV.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Not true, if a girl compliments me I'll take it as a compliment, nothing more. Unless she is making it clear that it means something more!

I have to say that you really DO look good. (just complimenting :laugh: )
  • chrishgt4
    Options
    it's the caveman in them - most men think that their woman is their property and nobody else should look at it, touch it, think about it or anything else with out them being able to pound their face in.

I guess the real question is, why are you telling your man that another male is complimenting you? I'm all about honesty, but if you know your guy is like that you shouldn't ruffle his feathers.

Yea but it's funny if you have a jealous partner to wind them up. If they're gonna be like that, then you should at least be able to get a bit of entertainment out of it.

I used to love it with my ex when I would tell her and she'd get all huffy, and then next time she got a comment she'd tell me to try and make me jealous and I'd just say "nice one".

Screw it, she's coming home to me, why should I be jealous that other people appreciate how hot she is - if they didn't then I'd have a problem!
  • chrishgt4
    Options

I have to say that you really DO look good. (just complimenting :laugh: )

Oh please, that's definitely more than just a compliment ;) haha
  • agriffitts85
    agriffitts85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i know from my experience not all men are that way. but i tend to find the ones who are wicked jealous and they dont see that they are... the guy im with now if anyone has anything complimenting to say to me i either want them or they want me... personally i think that is juvenile seeing as how hes 30 years old. come on and grow up by now...
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Is the man The Hulk? Because Hulk always want to Smash.

Rawr!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyoyrk3TJQ3YqlR1gfu-_5HQAp33B_WGawYdIzLcTz3KVn7XDX3g
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Nah...Half the time I just complement women to make their day and/or to watch em squirm. I think it's cute...and it's effortless on my behalf. You can find at-least SOMETHING about just about anyone to complement.

'Hey you have really pretty teeth.'

'Your hair is beautiful.'

'That outfit looks perfect on you.'

Good vibes, ya dig? ;]
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    oh how I love these smart alleic comments on this forum! there's always at least 3 or 4 of them. lol
    my hubby can get jealous at times, I'm like one of the other posters, I wouldn't tell him anything that would "ruffle feathers".