What is the WORST protein powder you have had?

Options

Replies

• LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    Noticed so many people commit to a 5lb tub of something they have never had, then suffer through it every morning!
    SO thought this might be interesting and slightly useful. What is the worst protein powders you have ever had?

Mine:
    Isopure - Mango Peach - Frothy and just nasty. Had to drinking it as fast as possible and have the tub for a year
    Optimum Nutrition - Blueberry Casein - Turned solid when mixed and was gross

Shakeology - to expensive, not enough protein, to many carbs and really not worth the expense to me....
  • Miniaturegirl
    Options
    Aria protein. It's really nasty. :S
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The only one I like is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Chocolate Mint...drinking it as we speak...YUM! :smile:

Love that one! Tastes like thin mints :D Probably my favorite powder :]

Like liquid after eights in a glass...OMnomnomnomnom :smile:
  • tzaccario
    tzaccario Posts: 53
    Options
    Any Vanilla "flavored" protein tastes like *kitten* to me. I love the flavor Vanilla , but the protein always just tasted like a chemical shake.

I take and love the Chocolate GNC AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60.. 1 scoop during the day and 2 after a workout or hockey.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hate: Biggest Loser Protein Powder,,, I ordered it while online grocery shopping, and didn't even know until I got it home that it only had like 5 grams of protein.

Love: My new favorite is EAS Lean 15, in Chocolate Fudge. It has 15 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber for 100 calories and tastes delicious!
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    Anyone yet to try Shakeology? Its from beach body - and they have a vegan one and its supposed to be very finely ground....

I got a few free samples of Shakeology product. Tastes like a mixture of dirt and chalk to me compared to others xD Not worth the price

good to know before I spent 120.00!

Thanks! Ill check it out!

Oh yea no need to spend that much on a product!!

I have been Loving this stuff lately:
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/isofuel.html

19.99 and has 104 calories, 25g pro, 0g fat, and 1g of carb. Mixes very well

I will check it out thanks!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Pina Colada - OMG was hoping for tropical and got gag reflex NASTY!
  • JillHoff
    JillHoff Posts: 30
    Options
    Funny enough I needed some premade shakes for the 5 minutes I have been my fulltime job and the nights I have my parttime job....

GNC Lean Protien Shakes... Swiss Chocolate and Vanilla Bean...made of yum!!!! 170 calories

I have used Apex powder and it is terrific!
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    BUMP! must remember this :)
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    ON caramel toffe fudge.... was ok to begin with but leaves a funky after taste and tastes odd with fruit so I resorted to mixing with just enough water to make it flow and would chug it.

Market Pantry Vanilla - lumpy no matter how it is mixed and tastes cheap.
    Whhhhaaaat? I use the market pantry vanilla and love it! Maybe my standards are low since it's my first protein powder, but I never had problems with lumps? /shrug

I have the Market Pantry Chocolate whey right now, and I'm thinking of switching to vanilla because it only mixes well with banana and peanut butter. I DO have issues getting it to blend though if I don't use a blender. I like to mix it in my coffee for a latte, but I gave up trying and let the lumps win.
    The vanilla one tastes like rice crispies treats cereal to me. :3
    I hope the chocolate one is just as good! <3
    btw, I use a whisk to mix my powder with any liquids. other than that, I just throw it in my blender. haha

Oh cool! I'm not big on rice crispies, but I think it'll mix better with the various fruits I usually have. I've considered mixing the chocolate w/my strawberries, but I'm too chicken so far. I think chilling a pot of coffee to mix with it will help. (And taste like a Frappuccino, I hope!) The chocolate is pretty good, just limited mixing options compared to vanilla. My husband tried it with the peanut butter and said it was "too rich" and tasted like a Reese's. :laugh:
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Shakeology was just nasty. I tried a sample of the chocolate and the greenberry. Yuck and yuckier. I couldn't choke it down at all. It's $4 a day.....I can eat a chicken breast for that, with some Chobani, and some eggs.

I doubt Visalus is a lot better and it has very little protein as well.

If you're peeing out protein, you need to see a nephrologist.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The only one I like is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Chocolate Mint...drinking it as we speak...YUM! :smile:

Like liquid after eights in a glass...OMnomnomnomnom :smile:

Is there a common store you can pick this up at, or do you order online? That sounds amazing!
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Have tried store brands that were horrible. Have been drinking Body by Vi for two years and love it!!
  • tzaccario
    tzaccario Posts: 53
    Options

Oh cool! I'm not big on rice crispies, but I think it'll mix better with the various fruits I usually have. I've considered mixing the chocolate w/my strawberries, but I'm too chicken so far. I think chilling a pot of coffee to mix with it will help. (And taste like a Frappuccino, I hope!) The chocolate is pretty good, just limited mixing options compared to vanilla. My husband tried it with the peanut butter and said it was "too rich" and tasted like a Reese's. :laugh:

Chocolate with the PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter - Real peanuts just not all of the oil) peanut butter is good, still have that PB taste but its not as strong .
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried a protein powder I couldn't stomach yet. I'll be sure to avoid these then.
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm gathering that this product is vegan-friendly? I've had a difficult time finding non-animal products to supplement protein in my diet. I'm willing to overlook taste (as evidenced by my GNC soy-based protein supplement I'm currently getting through.)

Have you tried Vega One (used to be just Vega)? As someone else posted -the Vanilla Chai is nasty, but the Natural and Berry Flavors are good. You can get single servings packets... I do either one of those and sometimes for variety I have Optimum Nutrition Chocolate. (It's whey -but I'm not vegan or vegetarian)
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I bought the Vega Protein powder in Chai and it tasted like sadness in my mouth parts :(

Oh--I have that in Vanilla Chai. It isn't that good alone, but mixed into a big fatty, it's not bad. I use a scoop with 1 c. blueberries, 1/2 an avocado, a frozen banana, a couple Stevia packets, cinnamon, and lots of raw spinach, and it's not too bad.
  • carrie1013
    carrie1013 Posts: 129
    Options
    Jillian Michael Vanilla protein powder...gross gross gross

I actually really like that one, mixed with some almond milk.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    EAS (I think that's the brand) - we bought a 5lb bag at Sam's club.. that crap was disgusting.

Same feeling about the Body Fortress ones from WM - they are gritty and disgusting.

I LOVE Muscle Milk, but hated their chocolate peanut butter one. We bought it at GNC and actually took it back it was so bad!
  • Sariebon
    Sariebon Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thin Mints?! Now I have to try :)