Eggs

Options
13»

Replies

• tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 2 eggs every single day for a couple of years. Just had bloodwork done and all was good.

In my opinion, nothing is better than eggs for breakfast. Low in calories and carbs and high in protein and KEEP ME FULL like nothing else. They're amazing :).

And this! Haha! Seriously though, eggs are good for you. I eat at least two a day as well. They keep me full and satisfied and my cholesterol/triglycerides aren't just good, but excellent :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    My man and I go through a dozen or so a week. Mostly me. I eat lots of them. I usually eat 3-4 at a time when I do.

The egg is the perfect food for humans.

http://www.archevore.com/panu-weblog/2009/5/18/6s-and-3s-and-the-logic-of-grain-avoidance.html (here's a guy who eats 4-5 a day).

The eggs of birds are the perfect food. Not so the “egg” of a grass plant. Why not? The egg of a vertebrate contains all the proteins, vitamins and minerals necessary to grow a baby vertebrate from a handful of cells to the point where it can peck or bite it’s way out of the shell, and start eating on its own. So that makes it a pretty reliable source of nutrients for vertebrate predators like us. Not so the egg of a grass seed. Besides the antinutrient issue, the complement of amino acids and fat soluble vitamins in the endosperm is not enough to grow or feed a human without supplementation from other sources.

http://www.archevore.com/panu-weblog/2010/3/12/the-argument-against-cereal-grains-ii.html

The trainer who says to only eat the white needs to do some research.
    The Great Cholesterol Con
    The Cholesterol Delusion
    Ignore the awkward! How the cholesterol myths are kept alive.

Or he could just go online and google "cholesterol myths". The only reason saturated fat was called evil is it supposedly raised cholesterol levels and cholesterol supposedly caused heart disease. Well, that has been proven to not be true over and over again. (People that die from heart disease had high, normal and low cholesterol. People that succumb to heart disease are ever more likely to have low cholesterol.)

Excellent post! Eat whole food people! In the egg that's where the vast majority of the nutrition is and stop with the egg white foolishness!! (no disrespect intended) The only time I east egg whites is when I made Hollandiase and I got a few that need to be used.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I eat about 16-20 eggs a week. When I was bulking it was about 3 dozen a week.
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I might eat a good dozen a week, at least. Love my eggs!
    me too! I eat a lot of eggs! I do usually eat 1 egg and 3-4 whites, just to cut the fat. But eggs are FINE and Cheap! Don't worry about throwing half away! Dont buy the carton unless you want to pay a lot extra. it soo easy to seperate them. But eat the whole ones if you like. If it fits into your macros for the day, you are fine! (Unless your Dr tells you otherwise!)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat as many as you want. Yum!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to waste parts of the egg you can save the egg yolks by putting them in ice cube trays sprayed with a little non stick spray and freeze them. Pop them out once frozen and store in a ziplock bag. When you have a recipe that calls for an extra egg yolk, just pop one out and defrost in the fridge.

I personally eat 2 egg whites with 1 whole egg a few times a week and I throw away the yolk. It's really not a good bit of the egg.
  • mrsmangomum
    Options
    But are you frying the eggs or boiling.....is it ok to eat scramble eggs....do u use a little butter in the pan.

I do use real butter in the pan. I accidentally typed better instead of butter at first. Enough said. Haha. Just measure out half a tablespoon (or whatever you want) and add it to your journal!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I buy 30 eggs per week, they are consumed in various forms, but I always find myself buying 30 eggs...
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For me the rate I could eat eggs at buying a carton of egg whites would work out cheaper than buying 2 dozen eggs at a time, but if I did it would be the only reason, I usually eat omelets, but do like the occasional boiled egg, so sticking with the eggs for now
  • BrendaBrinkerhoff
    Options
    I use egg beaters. They are only 35 calories for 1/4 cup instead of 80 calories for an egg. Also they are less colesterol, much more healther for you and provide the same amount of nutrients.

<3
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this question has been asked a million times on here already but how many eggs is 'safe' to consume in a week? I'm a little obssesed with them at the moment!!

I usually eat two per day, today I will have three.

Eggs are a brilliant food, don't let anybody tell you any different.
    this!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I LOVE EGGS LOVE EM!
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a LOT of chooks so eggs are very plentiful for me. Am always using them to make quiches, tortillas etc. for my man. But for myself I use the white a lot: to thicken up stirfrys, as an omelette. But I do eat the whole egg as well as don't believe that they are bad for you. There is so much contradictory info out there so you will have to make up your own mind. I know it seems wasteful to not use the yold but just say to yourself....well I could have eaten the yolk anyway and had the extra cals so too bad if I through it away. Having said that I give my cat and my dog egg yolks, either just plain or mixed with the milk that my cat drinks (special cat milk) And they also like the hardboiled yolk so if you add the white hardboiled to a salad that is a solution for the yolk. So if you have animals this could be the way to go.
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love eggs. They're kinda expensive here so we usually go through around 6 or 7 a week. I always eat the yolk, gives it more flavour!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 28 eggs a week or 4 a day. So good, cheaper than meat and one of the best protein sources around! If you fear high cholesterol take a niacin pill every day.
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I looooooooooooooove eggs. I think though, like everything, moderation is the key :)
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    There has been a programme on the BBC in the UK a month or so back. A woman had 25 eggs in a week by boiling, poaching, omelettes and scrambled. It made a minuscule difference in her cholesterol levels and was still in the healthy range.